Esteemed Contributor

Re: Inconsiderate neighbors, do you have one?

@Effie54 wrote:

@Reva wrote:

Yes, we have some very inconsiderate neighbors also.  One young guy a few houses down begins each day at 6:00 by driving by with a very loud muffler and returning 5 minutes later.  I'm pretty sure he goes to Tim Hortons at the end of our street.  This goes on all day long every single hour until about 10:00 p.m.  Apparently he has no job.  How do people get by with no job??  He's young and very irresponsible with a nasty temper and mouth.

Another neighbor puts her 2 dogs out first thing in the morning and they bark continually until she brings them in around midnight.  I told her last year, very nicely, that the dogs scare our handicapped son when he is trying to fall asleep at night.  Didn't help and she seems to have an attitude now.  You're damned if you do and damned if you don't.  I would move in a heartbeat to an area that would provide more privacy but DH will not even consider it.  Reva

Move and tell your husband that you’ll miss him.

Woman LOLSmiley LOLWoman LOL

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

I have been here 1 8 years and hardly know them to say hello. No kids really.

Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

@Effie54 wrote:

@Reva wrote:

Yes, we have some very inconsiderate neighbors also.  One young guy a few houses down begins each day at 6:00 by driving by with a very loud muffler and returning 5 minutes later.  I'm pretty sure he goes to Tim Hortons at the end of our street.  This goes on all day long every single hour until about 10:00 p.m.  Apparently he has no job.  How do people get by with no job??  He's young and very irresponsible with a nasty temper and mouth.

Another neighbor puts her 2 dogs out first thing in the morning and they bark continually until she brings them in around midnight.  I told her last year, very nicely, that the dogs scare our handicapped son when he is trying to fall asleep at night.  Didn't help and she seems to have an attitude now.  You're damned if you do and damned if you don't.  I would move in a heartbeat to an area that would provide more privacy but DH will not even consider it.  Reva

Move and tell your husband that you’ll miss him.

Woman LOLSmiley LOLWoman LOL

@Lindsays Grandma  That tactic worked for my mom.  She started building and low and behold he DID move with her! It was only 3 houses down, so none of us were really worried.  It would have worked either way. 

Esteemed Contributor

@SydneyH wrote:

No but sometimes some new ones that I've never met have children that I hear screaming at very odd times for long periods of times.  The last round almost had me calling the police.

Maybe you should call them, there could be abuse involved.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Respected Contributor

Wow so glad for my neighbors, we hardly know or see them, they work drive into their garage. You see on the news that some people have kids that put them in cages & not feed them, I forget the family that was on the news, Parents will be in jail. Kids screaming scares me. That news story said they were very nice kept to themselves but never knew the parents were doing that. Neighbors had no idea. So many of these cases in the news. 

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

WOW..I wouldnt approach him at all, but I would check with your city/county compliance office and ask them for help...I bet he's violating several ordinances----But since has a gun I'd be very careful.....I just hate inconsiderate neighbors...Woman Frustrated

In our state the rules are:

he must be on a tract of land of 10 acres or more and more than 150 feet from a residence or occupied building located on another property; and

(B) in a manner not reasonably expected to cause a projectile to cross the boundary of the tract;

(A) on a tract of land of 50 acres or more and more than 300 feet from a residence or occupied building located on another property; and

(B) in a manner not reasonably expected to cause a projectile to cross the boundary of the tract.

I dont know where you live but we have what's called "the Noise Police" they'd put that late night tractor and 4 wheeler activity to a stop fast...and with ours you can file an anonymous complaint...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt   I checked and he is okay as far as where is shoots. It's all woods behind his house and then a very high wooded hill beyond that.  No houses or roads. He owns it all.

We are on the other side of the road and not directly across from him.

He just doesn't have a gun he has a lot of guns. the one Friday night must be new because DH said it sounded like an automatic.  I don't care if he wants to "play" with them, just not late at night. He is just weird, subscribes to mercenary type magazines, worried about the government coming for his land etc. He has never been threatening toward us. He is an annoyance.

The township doesn't do squat. They don't enforce the junk ordiance or all the stuff near the road that impedes snow plowing. I think they are all afraid of him.

I would like a little consideration but I have a better chance of meeting Idris Elba or George Clooney. lol

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The problem with our Condo Complex is a new neighbor at the end of our row that likes to barbeque inside his wooden fenced in patio using a charcoal grill.  When the weather warmed up, the COA already sent out a notice reminding everyone that charcoal and gas grills must be 10 feet from our residences or buildings and violatons carry a $1000 fine.  But apparently it didn't phase this guy....You can smell the cooking and even view flames shoot out from the top of his fence and I dont hear him or his SO out there either so this fire is apparently unattended....and if they have a little to much to drink and this unattended grill could spell disaster....there have been quite a few fires reported on our local news and doesnt take long for a fire to spread......I dont want my home to be a statistic....

I contacted the COA and reported it, but I won't hesitate to contact the Fire Dept and report the violation if he does this again...hope he can afford the $1000 bucks.....BTW he's a policemen!!!!...but that doesnt mean a thing---- a couple of cops here got busted for DWI's during their off duty time...Woman Frustrated

A friend lives in a 4 story apartment, she has a "dream boat"  living above her...she kept hearing loud BOOMS at 2AM or 3AM every morning....the complex maintenance guy confirmed her neighbor lifts weights and has all kinds of weight equipment so that's what she's hearing, and with hardwood floors and no rugs it makes the noise worse.....the maintenance guy said he could talk to him on the pretense of telling the tenant he's damaging the floors and ask him to put mats down....but that hasnt helped, apparently he never bought mats or rugs....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Reva wrote:

@Reva 

I just hate irresponsible pet owners...for some reason people think my front yard and my next door neighbor's yard is their dog's park and they don't pick up after their dogs, also one neighbor kept their two large dogs---German Shepherd and Rotweiler outside on their patio all day and night every weekend---and those dogs barked continuously ...we both kept complaining until the COA did something about it.....I felt sorry for the dogs because they were confined and no one walked them all weekend...Woman Sad  I did see someone walk them occasionally during the week....

@Reva  @SharkE 

There used to be one of those hot rodders in our subdivision, he'd zip around all hours, but he lost control and crashed into a house a few blocks away....I saw the guy, he survived, but his car didn't..KARMA....love the peace and quiet now..but the poor homeowners.......

Esteemed Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 - Does your area have a noise ordinance? You might want to find out and see what you can do.