Honored Contributor

Re: Inconsiderate neighbors, do you have one?

@shortbreadlover wrote:

i have a neighbor that tore down his fence so that he could park two cars on my property behind my garage.  this was so they could not  be seen from the street.  when i discovered them, i called the police and they told me that the cars belong to my neighbor.  i called him and he said that he would move them.  well, two days went by and they were  not moved.  so  i called him again and and asked him why they were not moved,  he told me he put them there to keep his brother happy.  i told him him he needed to keep me happy and move them.  th3en i called a tow trick and had them towed.  he was reallymad but who cares.

this same neighbordame over to my home and wanted to talk about something.i invited him in and he sat on the couch and  while we were talking, he exposed himslef.  itold him to get the heck out and not to come.

then his sister bought the houjse on the other side of me.  i was in my yard and he came over and told me that since i had no one to leave my home to when i die, why didn't i sell it to him now and get it over with.  i told him to go to heck.

this guy is a jerk from hadesand i watch every move with him.  i am keepi ng a log as to what he does and when so i can nail him if i have to do so

@shortbreadlover 

😲  I know its expensive and a hassle but I think I would move...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@kivah wrote:

Just call the COPS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I watch LivePD - and am shocked seeing all those weird, impaired, sickos - and they mostly come out at night. They're probably on government assistance - even though they're fit to work. Work is NOT in their vocabulary. I'm very fortunate -- all GREAT neighbors.

@kivah 

Or where I used to live....there were a lot of young people renting homes in the neighborhood and living on "student loans" that they got even though they never went to class, unless there's a degree you can get in partying.......and they probably never paid back the loans either....Woman Frustrated

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

Mine:

Mows on Sundays

Burn leaves (which blows over my house)

Their dog "eliminates" in my yard.

Shows up at my doorstep without calling.

Coughs in my face when speaking to me.

Coughs into the telephone when speaking to me.

I am currently searching for another home, seriously.

Honored Contributor

An HOA really has nothing to do with it.  If you live in a rural area, chances are you aren't going to live in a development to have an HOA.  I do live in a development and we don't have an HOA but you cannot just shoot guns off because we are in a city and therefore, city laws and ordinances are in effect.

When you live in a rural area, many times you are allowed to shoot.  Our best friends live in a rural area on 30 acres and they are allowed to shoot, ride dirt bikes all over their property, etc.  People go to their home for target practice and riding.  It drives me nuts hearing that.

We have a new neighbor that moved in over the winter.  I'm not sure if she just got 2 cats or if they are now out because of the nicer weather but she allows her 2 cats to roam and they are always in my yard.  They are lounging on my back patio, deck and middle of the yard. They sit stalking my bird feeders and they do not move when I let my dog out.  She and I are going to have to have a chat about this. 

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

@Spurt   I checked and he is okay as far as where is shoots. It's all woods behind his house and then a very high wooded hill beyond that.  No houses or roads. He owns it all.

We are on the other side of the road and not directly across from him.

He just doesn't have a gun he has a lot of guns. the one Friday night must be new because DH said it sounded like an automatic.  I don't care if he wants to "play" with them, just not late at night. He is just weird, subscribes to mercenary type magazines, worried about the government coming for his land etc. He has never been threatening toward us. He is an annoyance.

The township doesn't do squat. They don't enforce the junk ordiance or all the stuff near the road that impedes snow plowing. I think they are all afraid of him.

I would like a little consideration but I have a better chance of meeting Idris Elba or George Clooney. lol

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

He sounds very scary.....please be careful...

Trusted Contributor

I live in a condominium development.  There are unit owners who continually abuse the rules, but that isn't my problem anymore since I no longer run the HOA.  I don't interact with anyone in the development, which suits me perfectly.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt  I appreciate the concern but I do believe, as weird as he is, he wouldn't harm us.  Living in a rural area is different than where I grew up. 

4 or 5 years ago the marcellus shale/gas boom started here. Oh dear God, we had a couple of wells put up near here. The noise and  traffic were terrible. They used water tankers to haul water used in fracking and they traveled in groups of 3. One day I counted over 60 fully loaded water tankers go by our house, it was all day and night.  The lights from the wells came in our bedroom and lit it up. Had to get room darkening shades which blocked the fresh air in the summer.  Roads were a mess and the weight of all the truck traffic damaged a small bridge near us. It was closed for 9 months which meant we had to take a much longer route just to get to the basics.

Valued Contributor

Yes.  Every single nice day or evening that I can finally open my windows and enjoy fresh air, a certain neighbor has to burn trash or start a fire pit.  The smell comes into my house and gives me a headache.  I'm so sick of it!  

Trusted Contributor

@seaBreeze wrote:

Mine:

Mows on Sundays

——————

What is wrong with mowing on Sunday?

If he’s on the phone and has to cough, what should he do? 

If you’re this easily annoyed, you might be doing a lot of moving 😳

Honored Contributor

@SuhseK wrote:

@seaBreeze wrote:

Mine:

Mows on Sundays

——————

What is wrong with mowing on Sunday?

If he’s on the phone and has to cough, what should he do? 

If you’re this easily annoyed, you might be doing a lot of moving 😳

@SuhseK.  Yeah, what is wrong with mowing on Sunday?
It’s done in my neighborhood. Not before eight though.