Honored Contributor

I live in a small townhouse community.  A couple of months ago, my next door neighbor painted his little front "stoop", the stairs, and the lead sidewalk a Williamsburg Blue!!!!!!!!!  We have a HA and they wrote him.  However, as luck would have it, he then went out of the country for a couple of months.  Now that he's finally back, I sure hope they'll pursue getting him to remove the paint.  Talk about tacky!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@RoughDraft wrote:

Now I have to wonder if they painted their house hot pink, built a moat filled with alligators, erected a still in the back yard.  I have a very active imagination.  Woman LOL

Sounds like that could be a fun neighbor.

@CrazyDaisy 

There was a situation here where someone in a historic neighborhood painted their house purple....created quite the uproar....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@RoughDraft wrote:

Now I have to wonder if they painted their house hot pink, built a moat filled with alligators, erected a still in the back yard.  I have a very active imagination.  Woman LOL

Sounds like that could be a fun neighbor.

@CrazyDaisy 

There was a situation here where someone in a historic neighborhood painted their house purple....created quite the uproar....

There are worse things in life than a neighbor with a purple house

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

Calling anyone in charge is useless.  Everyone is afraid of him.  He's armed to the teeth and he's a mean tempered loon.

It's a shame that this neighbor gets to do what he wants because he's mean.  Winning through intimidation!Woman Mad

Honored Contributor

@Financialgrl wrote:

I used to hate the idea of an HOA until the house next to me in my last location was not only an eyesore but stuff everywhere and the smells emanating from it was horrible.  It was a non-HOA community.  

Learned then that you can complain all you want to local government but these idiots often get multiple chances before the country does anything about it.  I'm in an HOA community now and it's pretty lax/lenient.  From what I've seen they are reasonable and don't sweat the small stuff but would come after you if you painted your house purple or some other truly offensive thing.

@Financialgrl 

A house painted purple is a truly offensive thing?

Cat Surprised

Honored Contributor

And another posting that goes unanswered.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Honored Contributor

Re: Inconsiderate Neighbors

[ Edited ]

I wonder if the OP's neighbor did something truly egregious like paint their mailbox red.

Honored Contributor

@Georgiagrama If you aren't going to say what they did, why bother to even bring it up?

ANOTHER unanswered post. What's the point of bringing it up if you won't elaborate? Very odd.

Honored Contributor

I used to have a next door neighbor who complained all the time about what this person or that person did or didn't do with their property.  Blah, blah, blah.

THe only thing he cared about was his property value.

I'm glad the old crank left.

Regular Contributor

The $200 to $300 per month average cost for an HOA can instead go into a retirement fund, an emergency fund or where ever your interest might be.  If someone earns less than $100k per year as is our situation, there's no way in holy heck that I will ever give my money to an HOA.  Annoying neighbors come and go and if insufferable, you call the police, code enforcement and any other office at your disposal that could possibly help.