Honored Contributor

weRe: Inconsiderate Neighbors

[ Edited ]

Neighbor situations can be daunting, as for most of us there's no easy way out when there are hurdles. Without knowing what this neighbor did that was supposedly so errant, it's hard to weigh in. That said, no, I don't agree that as long as they're on their own property they have the right to do whatever they want. While they don't have to 'ask permission' they do need to be mindful of others. Unless one lives on a large parcel of land where neighbors and the larger community are not at all impacted by one's actions, it pays to be aware of the fact that 'no man is an island' and most of us live in situations where we are part of a larger group. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

We are moving onto an HOA. I love them. I get why some hate them my parents being one. If I am going to show curtesy I want it back. If I am going to work and or pay for my house to be a non eye sore I want that back.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

Re: Inconsiderate Neighbors

[ Edited ]

@Georgiagrama  What anyone does to their own property - as long as it doesn't go against local codes - is their own business and while a neighbor may not like it, it doesn't make them inconsiderate.  It actually is more inconsiderate and judgemental to think you have a right to dictate what they do! 

Honored Contributor

Every time I read one of these threads it makes me thankful for my neighbors.  We are a neighborhood of older custom homes so thankfully no HOA.  

Honored Contributor

I do not understand all the "feeling the pain" sympathy for the OP.

She's been asked what this neighbor did and did not answer.

It could be a MYOB issue such as not liking the neighbor's new landscaping.

Is it somethng serious that will affect the OPs life (doubt it) or is it something the OP just doesn't like just for the sake of not liking whatever this neighbor did.

Odd how various bad neighbor threads pop up around the same time.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

Now I have to wonder if they painted their house hot pink, built a moat filled with alligators, erected a still in the back yard.  I have a very active imagination.  Woman LOL

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Esteemed Contributor

I have no idea why they are inconsiderate, I have one that:

Has junk cars and machinary, old tires all over his property,

Has a bunch of dogs that run loose, I chased 6, yes 6, out of my yard several times a week,

His huge bull, horns included, comes into my yard,

Likes to shoot guns at 11 at night,

Sells hay and will have an 18 wheeler parked across from our house late at night w/motor running while they load it.

Esteemed Contributor

@RoughDraft wrote:

Now I have to wonder if they painted their house hot pink, built a moat filled with alligators, erected a still in the back yard.  I have a very active imagination.  Woman LOL

Sounds like that could be a fun neighbor.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2.  Okay, you win the Oscar for worst neighbor.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: Inconsiderate Neighbors

[ Edited ]

We do- they fire up their souped up ATV and vroom vroom with their small child ahead of them on a freakin gocart..  I yelled at them once...  they don't give a rats patoot about the danger on a subdivision street with traffic.. oh no, it's all about them.. and if something happens to the child, they'll blame the driver..

We don't have an HOA but eventually someone will call the sheriff's office..

People flat out don't care anymore, no consideration whatsoever..

Off my podium..

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee