Respected Contributor

I know this has been discussed before, but I have a neighbor who we thought so much of do something really inconsiderate today. 

They did something without any thought to property values of the neighbors around them or like me, next to them. 

Things like this always make me sad so I just needed to vent.  I guess living in a neighborhood with a strict HOA isn't such a bad idea. 

Esteemed Contributor

Well it is private property, would think they could do what they want without consulting you for approval.  As long as no law were broken.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

What did they do?

Honored Contributor

What did they do? It's not likely they are going to read your post and figure out who you are talking about.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

Ever since we moved to an HOA community 27 years ago I honestly can't complain about any of my neighbors.  As a matter of fact they are either quiet or if I do know them all pretty nice and maintain their homes nicely.  The HOA isn't a strict one but just enough to maintain a certain look....they are all different.

Do you care to share what your neghbor did?

Honored Contributor

Yes, inconsiderate neighbors are maddening, especially when it affects property values.  Can you tell us what they did?

And I agree, HOA's help prevent this sort of thing, though not a panacea.  I guess it depends on how strictly they enforce the rules.  My HOA has rules but the people in charge bend over backward to avoid confrontation.  Consequently, rules get bent.

Honored Contributor

Hard to comment without knowing what they did.  Care to elaborate?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Georgiagrama   Like what?  My crystal ball is not working.

Post makes no sense.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

It really saddened me that the neighbor behind me cut down a big bunch of trees, but it's his property.  An HOA is a total non-starter for me.  I have had quite the neighbor issues.  The property on one side of me is currently under foreclosure and I hate that.  Those people were reallly good, actually obsessive, about taking care of their yard up until they disappeared.  However, their swimming pool is a total disaster and may be a big surprise for whoever buys the house.  It's been inoperable and covered for about 3 years now and the foreclosure company is not going to uncover it. They weren't even running the pump before that and it was green and growing things.  I think they only covered it due to complaints to Code Enforcement.

Respected Contributor

I feel your pain and I’m sorry to hear you’re going through this.

For several years the property owner next to us has run a business illegally according to county zoning. In spite of complaints from surrounding owners, the county turned a blind eye.

Finally, after years of noxious fumes, loud noise 24 hrs a day, an ugly eye sore of a mess, unsavory activity causing us to have security concerns, the county finally took notice and forced him to vacate the property, clean up the mess or face criminal charges. 
Finally we have our property values back again, and the air is fresh and it’s peaceful and quiet !