Honored Contributor

It was about the poor people stuck on that ride at an amusement park. Hope all will be ok.

Then I got to thinking, I'm so glad I've never been stuck in an elevator on a high floor, I don't care for bridges, or elevators or for the matter heights.

Did you ever go stand at that building that has see through plexiglass to step out on look down? I could never do that.

Does anyone else have feelings of being uncomfortable in like situations? What would yours be?

Honored Contributor

Re: In watching a news story..

I was stuck in an elevator at a hospital a few years ago. It was only about a minute and a half, but that was enough for me. I was JUST about at the panic stage when it started moving again. Horrible.

I would NEVER go out on the glass step out thing in that building. Never. I have problems with vertigo and when I get high up and over to the window, I get that swaying feeling.

I'm not a fan of bridges with tall spires. I get that same swaying feeling.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

I am afraid of my own shadow....lol....I especially have problems with heights...so I won't be going into any building and then look down...yikes...

Elevators scare the heck out of me....and I will walk the stairs, if possible, before getting on the elevator....

Bridges and Tunnels ....not fond of them....but I must use a bridge to get to my sons house...so I just do a lot of praying......

Honored Contributor

I don't like confined spaces at all. I don't like people rubbing up against me in a crowded elevator.

We were at a water park a couple years ago. One of the slides had an enclosed tube partway through. I thought I was going to scream...

Honored Contributor

I was an ICU nurse. The building where I worked was built during the civil war . I once was stuck in an elevator with a patient in his bed, respirator, oxygen tank, monitor, several iv pumps. resp therapist and myself for quite a while. We were in there about 4 hours. There was a team of folks whose only job was to keep resupplying us with things like IVs and fresh oxygen tanks and monitor batteries and fresh IV pumps through the opening in the ceiling. It was an experience to remember for certain.

Respected Contributor

I worked at a military installation in a very old 4 story building. I usually took the stairs, but I had broken my foot, so was forced to use the elevator. The elevator got stuck between the 3rd and 4th floor and after 3 hours they determined they couldn't fix it until a new part came in. They pried open the doors and pulled me up and out onto the 4th floor. I was scared stiff! After that, I just hobbled slowly up the stairs even after the elevator was supposedly fixed.

Esteemed Contributor

I had to close my eyes when they showed that look-down clear overlook at the Grand Canyon. Still gives me the shakes.

Super Contributor

I went skydiving when I was about 23 years old, from an elevation of 15,000 feet. It was a blast!

So, yes, I would go out on one of those clear skyway platforms.

Now, roller coasters on the other hand, that's a big, fat NO!

Was Yuban, then changed to Plaid Pants due to forum upgrade, and apparently, I'm back to being Yuban.
Honored Contributor

We took a tour through some caves in Tucson. I have no idea what I was thinking.

You just keep going down deeper and deeper into the cave on these very narrow and steep steps and then you can smell and hear bats all over the place. It was beautiful, but I won't do that again - LOL

Esteemed Contributor

No, I cannot deal with heights or looking down from tall buildings!! I am OK in elevators but would be hyper if they were glass. I have to drive in the left lane going over a bridge, cannot be close to that edge! Hanging or dangling from an amusement ride???? OMG, I think I would go CRAZY!