Respected Contributor

In My Neighborhood.......

[ Edited ]

***There's a really hunky homeless guy. Well, I don't know if he's homeless. About 30, in great physical shape, shoulder-length brown curly hair. He belongs on the cover of a bodice-ripper romance novel.

Sometimes he's clean; sometimes not. He always carries a garbage bag. And sometimes, like today, I see him being detained by police.

Mental illness? Drug addict? Both? Would his life be different if he was a 30-year-old stunning woman?

***One business in my neighborhood has its open wifi set so high and wide if your phone is set on wifi you can download 30 e-mails in ten seconds. Sometimes I detour to do just that.

What's up in your neighborhood?

Honored Contributor

Re: In My Neighborhood.......

I see people living in cars and some in motor homes/camping trailers parked along some residential roads. Some people can't afford rent or are waiting for vacancies. Housing here is an issue on many levels. It's creating problems like homelessness and crime.

Honored Contributor

@PickyPicky3   WOW!!!! that is some statement.  Smiley Mad  Not ALL homeless people are mentally ill and/or drug addicts, carry garbage bags either or get stopped by the police.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac  I'm not stereotyping about homelessness. I am describing one unique guy who apparently has both assets and deficits in his life. Can't help noticing him.

Honored Contributor

My neighbors across the street sit in their driveway...starting at roughly 6 am..off and on all day during the warm months...yes, I know this is not a crime but they watch everything that goes on in the neighborhood..I feel like I am in a fishbowl.

Esteemed Contributor

Was very happy my crazy neighbor was moving.  Daughter's family came and packed up a uhaul.  Found out the next day the lady would be living out of her van at a campgrounds.  Not sure what her daughter was doing with all her stuff, but she left her mother who is diabetic, using oxygen and a walker homeless.  Her daughter must be crazier than her.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

I noticed that the family across the street took the cover off of their pool today.  

Esteemed Contributor

Nothing unusual, our neighbor's cows got out.......again and are grazing in our yard.

One was right out the LR window and has Petunia all twitterpatted.

She was sitting on the windowsill when it mooed.  She has never seen a cow that close.

2 weeks ago I had about 13 come through the yard as I was going down the driveway. I stopped and waited.  There were cows, several large calves and the bull.

P.S., he doesn't fix his fences.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee 

We had a 2-day trip from metro Denver to Pueblo, Florence and Colorado Springs a couple days ago and was surprised at the number of homeless tents. Had no idea there were so many, it was heartbreaking.

There are plenty of homeless in downtown Denver, don't see it much in the southwest Denver suburbs where we are. Just car and catalytic converter thefts out here. All pretty shocking.

Honored Contributor

Nothing happening in my neighborhood as usual. Only sounds of lawn companies here in the summer. That’s it.