Honored Contributor

Re: In Loving Memory

[ Edited ]

@Goodie2shoes A lovely tribute to your mother. It sounds to me that there was a lot to love about her. I pray your memories will be extra sweet and special this coming Mothers Day.   

Honored Contributor

@Goodie2shoes , as I think I posted at that time, I'm still sorry for your loss because I know your sorrow is still just as deep.  April was a time when Covid was so new, so uncontrollable!  

One of my cousins died in that month after being sent home with Covid to die alone.  They didn't know what to do at that time. It was a guessing game, survival of the fittest.

I'm sure you have many beautiful memories of your mother that can now put a smile on your face.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks to all for the kind words and understanding that I just wanted to note how much my mom meant to us and how we miss her.  My mom's dedication to nursing was my inspiration for becoming a nurse myself. I"m retired but have so much respect for the nursing field and what they have done and gone through themselves trying to save lives from this virus. Many times my mom worked 16 hr days during her career so being the oldest I had to make sure everyone had dinner and  homework done after school. I visited her gravesite today left a rose and thanked her again for her love and support to us all.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Goodie2shoes 

What a lovely tribute......

Sending you  big hug on the anniversary of your mom's passing......and prayers of comfort

Sending You A Hug, sending you a big hug image

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

@Goodie2shoes 

Very many here can relate to the loss of a parent. Some the exact day and time they found out of their death. Grief, as most here know, is different for every individual. 

I am sure this 2 years, at times, seems like yesterday. At other times it may feel like a long time ago. Our minds and hearts do not always work on the same calendars when it comes to this type of loss.

My mother died 53 years ago, and on a special day, on the calendar. I can only say, time helps, but it does not remove the sadness. One can only do the best they can when it comes to dealing with this type of grief. 

My thoughts are with you on this very difficult day. 🙏

hckynut  🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

Precious memories, how they linger...

Honored Contributor

@Goodie2shoes,

Although it's only been two years,

words of sympathy for the loss of motherSending hugs your way.

Honored Contributor

@Goodie2shoes 

So sorry for your loss!  They say time heals all wounds -- well, it does help to lessen the pain but the loss of your mother never goes away or gets better, really.  My dear mother passed several years ago and in some ways it feels like it just happened.  Every day I think of her and every day I miss her so much.  At least now, I can think of her - the good things and not cry constantly.  Your mother sounded very much like mine.  Very hardworking, determined and selfless.  We were blessed to have such wonderful women in our lives.

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Regular Contributor

@Goodie2shoes  So sorry for your loss. So many of us lost loved ones to covid. Today is the 2nd anniversary of my sister's death - also to covid. May your mother's memory be a blessing....

Respected Contributor

@Goodie2shoes 

God Bless your beloved Mother.  That's a beautiful tribute to her.