Esteemed Contributor

Re: Imagine coming across this guy?

@chickenbutt wrote:

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@chickenbutt I'm not messing with those bees.  I have "yellow jackets" in and around my hedges on the front of my house that I'm often afraid to go out the front door.  LOL.  Someone told me there might be a nest hidden in the hedges somewhere.  I had my son look (I was not going to) and there is nothing there.  They are attracted to me.  That's all there is to that.  

The pic of that beluga whale is amazing.  As a child I was fascinated with mermaids and thought they were real.  I think the photographer got luck with his shot of the whale at the time he took the pic.  

Swim with some sharks?  Huh???????

Hi Darlin!  Smiley Happy  Yeah, bees (all of them for me - skinny ones, big hairy ones, ALL of them) are so terrifying to me.   I shudder just thinking about a bee being near me.

But, yeah, sharks are my fav for sure and had the pleasure, in my 2-300 dives, to swim with hundreds of them.

One time I was in Palau and one new one for me was the Napoleon Wrasse (will post pic below).  They are unique, for sure, and quite huge!  One of them would be bigger than if we smushed together all the divers who jumped off the boat that day.

In Palau they had this one fav NR who they had named Junior.   He loved hard boiled eggs (but I won't take that against him Smiley Very Happy) and the divemaster would bring some in his BC pocket.    He had me make a big circle with my arms.  Junior was on one side of my circle and, on the other side, the divemaster would hold out one of the eggs.  

Junior would push partly (no way he could fit very far) into my arm circle to get the egg.  Of course, I gave him a pat and hug.

So, the super cool thing was watching him eat the egg and all of a sudden the shell, in teeny tiny little bits came flying out of his gills.   I'd just never seen anything like that and, since Palau was one of my dream dive destinations it was just so awesome.  Lots of stories there, and Fiji too.

Swam with many a shark in both places, and also in the Caribbean, over those years and I just hope I never forget those amazing experiences.

(sorry so long)  *sheepish grin*

💖

napwrasse.jpg

This is a sharke?  I have never ever heard of or seen this one.  Quite interesting.  Is the coloring from the water or is the shark's natural color @chickenbutt ?

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Respected Contributor

@gertrudecloset   yellow jackets scare the !$%&!!*  out of me and they can sting over and over and over and they can be deadly!

they make their nests in the ground, in the dirt. in August/Sept momma Jelly Jacket kicks babies out of the nest...the baboes get disoriented and hover around look for sweets.

We have killer bees right now and they are a trip.  Hovering right by my car.  Luckily they only attack other bees.  Plug up their holes so they leave. 

Hornets like to scarf up the wood on the deck.  They use the wood, and any available water,.  to make their elaborate nests .

Honored Contributor

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@chickenbutt I'm not messing with those bees.  I have "yellow jackets" in and around my hedges on the front of my house that I'm often afraid to go out the front door.  LOL.  Someone told me there might be a nest hidden in the hedges somewhere.  I had my son look (I was not going to) and there is nothing there.  They are attracted to me.  That's all there is to that.  

The pic of that beluga whale is amazing.  As a child I was fascinated with mermaids and thought they were real.  I think the photographer got luck with his shot of the whale at the time he took the pic.  

Swim with some sharks?  Huh???????

Hi Darlin!  Smiley Happy  Yeah, bees (all of them for me - skinny ones, big hairy ones, ALL of them) are so terrifying to me.   I shudder just thinking about a bee being near me.

But, yeah, sharks are my fav for sure and had the pleasure, in my 2-300 dives, to swim with hundreds of them.

One time I was in Palau and one new one for me was the Napoleon Wrasse (will post pic below).  They are unique, for sure, and quite huge!  One of them would be bigger than if we smushed together all the divers who jumped off the boat that day.

In Palau they had this one fav NR who they had named Junior.   He loved hard boiled eggs (but I won't take that against him Smiley Very Happy) and the divemaster would bring some in his BC pocket.    He had me make a big circle with my arms.  Junior was on one side of my circle and, on the other side, the divemaster would hold out one of the eggs.  

Junior would push partly (no way he could fit very far) into my arm circle to get the egg.  Of course, I gave him a pat and hug.

So, the super cool thing was watching him eat the egg and all of a sudden the shell, in teeny tiny little bits came flying out of his gills.   I'd just never seen anything like that and, since Palau was one of my dream dive destinations it was just so awesome.  Lots of stories there, and Fiji too.

Swam with many a shark in both places, and also in the Caribbean, over those years and I just hope I never forget those amazing experiences.

(sorry so long)  *sheepish grin*

💖

napwrasse.jpg

This is a sharke?  I have never ever heard of or seen this one.  Quite interesting.  Is the coloring from the water or is the shark's natural color @chickenbutt ?

Oh no.  He's a fish.  I really liked them, as soon as I started seeing them in my Western South Pacific dives because not only are they quite large, but they are so unique.   I mean, NOBODY looks like that right?  Smiley Very Happy

And, yes, that is his actual coloring.  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@CatsyCline wrote:

@gertrudecloset   yellow jackets scare the !$%&!!*  out of me and they can sting over and over and over and they can be deadly!

they make their nests in the ground, in the dirt. in August/Sept momma Jelly Jacket kicks babies out of the nest...the baboes get disoriented and hover around look for sweets.

We have killer bees right now and they are a trip.  Hovering right by my car.  Luckily they only attack other bees.  Plug up their holes so they leave. 

Hornets like to scarf up the wood on the deck.  They use the wood, and any available water,.  to make their elaborate nests .

They are some serious lil things.  They get all up in your face as if  to say "what are you going to do about it?"  I hate them.  I hate them dearly.  I have been stung by a bee before (in childhood).  

Killer bees?  What do they kill?  Ummmmm.....

@CatsyCline

Esteemed Contributor

Beautiful creature.  I've seen fish of many colors but they are usually in schools and you can't get a good close up of some.  Never this color though.  Thanks for sharing...

You enjoy life with your sharks!  YOLO (you only live once)!!!! @chickenbutt 

Respected Contributor

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@CatsyCline wrote:

They are some serious lil things.  They get all up in your face as if  to say "what are you going to do about it?"  I hate them.  I hate them dearly.  I have been stung by a bee before (in childhood).  

Killer bees?  What do they kill?  Ummmmm.....

@CatsyCline

They are Carpenter Bees but they kill each other.  we call them Killer bees. they look like bumble bees but they are shiny and they hover.

carpenter bee

Esteemed Contributor

whewwww.  I thought you might have come back to say they kill us (like Alfred Hitchcock's "The Birds."  @CatsyCline .  I have heard the other term used for these bees (carpenter).

Look, I'm not getting along with bugs.  Bugs know that I don't like them.  They do (LOL).  Doesn't stop them.  No seeums in the summer, mosquitoes, those big flying bugs with wings, (dragron flys) Great big wasps and I don't like moths either.  If it comes in my house, I will be trying to get rid of it quickly.  

This reminds me I need to stock up on some Sawyer Deet products.  I keep these on hand.  I know the price has gone up tremendously since a couple of years ago.

Respected Contributor

@gertrudecloset   

i hate flying menaces,especially the ones bzzzzing in my ears, creepycrawlers,  ALL 8 legged freaks dropping down on their threads!!

good things about winter: no bugs, no spiders and no motorcycles!

Esteemed Contributor

@CatsyCline wrote:

@gertrudecloset   

i hate flying menaces,especially the ones bzzzzing in my ears, creepycrawlers,  ALL 8 legged freaks dropping down on their threads!!

good things about winter: no bugs, no spiders and no motorcycles!

I'm right there with you @CatsyCline .  One of the very reasons I dislike Summer.  Grrrrr.

Honored Contributor

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@Porcelain Here's your buddy....

See the source imageSee the source image

See the source imageSee the source image

Acccck! Whoever took those first three pictures was in for a world of hurt! Those lower fangs too. Yikes. When I used to play Hungry Hungry Hippos they never had pointed fangs like that.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr