Respected Contributor

Re: Imagine coming across this guy?

I just had yellow jacket wasps building a nest on my porch light fixture. Not good, since that put my head practically in their nest exiting the slider. 

Decided they had to go. There were only four at home, at the time. I sprayed the nest and ran. One of those darn things chased me across my deck. As I swatted the air to try to protect my face and body, he stung me on my hand. 

I used to tolerate them, if they built where I wasn't in harm's way. Not anymore. I'm a woman on a mission. 

Esteemed Contributor

@BlueFinch wrote:

I just had yellow jacket wasps building a nest on my porch light fixture. Not good, since that put my head practically in their nest exiting the slider. 

Decided they had to go. There were only four at home, at the time. I sprayed the nest and ran. One of those darn things chased me across my deck. As I swatted the air to try to protect my face and body, he stung me on my hand. 

I used to tolerate them, if they built where I wasn't in harm's way. Not anymore. I'm a woman on a mission. 

LOL at sprayed the nest then ran.  I guess one way to do it.  I would probably chunk down some $$ for pros to do it.  I'd be inside watching it all go down.  Not me.  That gave me a chuckle @BlueFinch 

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

NO THANKS.....we have enough 4-legged "prowlers" around here...

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Thanks for sharing that Woman Wink

Trusted Contributor

Remember Timothy Treadwell, the Grizzly Man? He was obsessed with bears and spent years living in the Bear Maze in Alaska. He claimed he was protecting the bears and from his point of view they were his friends. The National Park Service police and the Alaska State Troopers tried to get him to stop, but he kept moving deeper and deeper into the wilderness. He, with the help of his equally delusional girlfriend, filmed and documented all of his encounters with the bears. He would leave every fall and come back in the spring. The last year that he was there, he was going to leave as usual, but had an altercation in the airport over the fare and decided to stay an extra month. By this time all the healthy bears had gone into hibernation and the only bears left were the ones who hadn't been able to eat enough to sustain them through the winter and were desperate for food. Long story short, he and his girlfriend were eaten alive by a hungry grizzly that he had named "Machine." Their remains were discovered shortly after by the bush pilot that had been sent to take him out of his camp. the bear was still lingering areoud and was shot by the pilot. They found human remains in the bear's stomach. This is what can happen to people who anthropomorphize animals. Apex predators do not think like human beings. They may look cute and cuddly, but they have one thing on their minds: food. These animals are dangerous. Bears, big cats, wolves, etc, are stronger, faster and better armed than  humans. The same with sharks. Those of you who engage with these animals are playing with dynamite. You don't know what will trigger them to attack you. Better to enjoy them from a distance or on a National Geographic program.

Esteemed Contributor

@Buffalogal47  Stupid people die in stupid ways.  Just like the fools jumping into lion and tiger cages at zoos.  The idiots taunting buffalo at National Parks and getting gored.

The "bear guy" loved bears so much he got one shot.  These are wild animals, they aren't puppies and kittens. 

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

Granted, Bear Bonehead was wrong wrong wrong, in what he/they did.  But it angers me to no end that they killed the bear.    There was no reason for that.   Smiley Mad