Honored Contributor

If you take Valsartan, problem again

Online news CNN had a warning about checking the valsartan high blood pressure med that was recalled last month.  They have discovered on some batches another possible carcinogen. Please check news,  or simply google Valsartan  recall with todays date.

I am calling my doctor tomorrow.  They changed me to valsartan that was not in one of the recalled manufacturers. But, now that may not be okay. 

Honored Contributor

Re: If you take Valsartan, problem again

My doctor just put me on a different medication.  

Honored Contributor

look at the hundreds of reviews on Carditone on Amazon.... 

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

look at the hundreds of reviews on Carditone on Amazon.... 

@phoenixbrd. So will this lower your blood pressure? Do you use it instead of prescribed medication?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@proudlyfromNJ  After repeated trips to the ER years ago, my pharmacist suggested it might be the blood pressure med.  I started looking for more natural methods of controlling my blood pressure.  After researching and finding over 700 reviews on Carditone on Amazon, I tried it.  (as well as many other natural methods - my lifestyle diet and exercise were already in place).  The Carditone saved my life.  This was some time ago and I no longer need to take it but I periodically check my blood pressure as it was extremely high.  I live a med free life today.

I  know many  people would rather take a prescription (and, of course "talk to your doctor" ...Carditone is prescribed by many wholistic physicians), but after reading about recalls and first hand experience  with the continuing devastating effects of doctor prescribed blood pressure medication, I feel an obligation to share.  I do not give medical advice, only sharing my experience.  Best of health to you.  

Honored Contributor

Thank you @shoekitty for this.  My DH is on Valsartan.

As far as other posts on this thread, please, please, please be careful about taking medical advice from someone here.  It is super dangerous to stop a BP med cold turkey.  You should always speak with your doctor.  

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva   Awesome advice!!!!!!!!!Heart

Esteemed Contributor

I have bad effects for everything.  I have to watch my diet and find a way to exercise.  I don't  always win that one but the medicines seem to target me IN THE WRONG WAY. 

Honored Contributor

am on bp meds.

am on the old brand stuff, that was made in the "middle ages".

my insurance will not cover any of the brand name new stuff. my doctor is pretty good about staying in the older medicine group where he knows about possible problems/ side effects.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I could never find the right dose on Valsartan.

I'm borderline, so I quit taking it altogether.  It dropped my BP too low

My doctor knows.

I'd also like to add, non-prescription meds can have the same problems & we wouldn't know because they don't go through the FDA.

Be cautious of everything you put in your mouth.