Respected Contributor

Re: If you take Valsartan, problem again

@phoenixbrd wrote:

I would be worried if I was taking any doctor prescribed blood pressure med.
 We are not going to change one another's mind.   I wish the best of health to all of us! Heart

Well. better hope you never need one.  Because at some point in life, most all of us do.  The risks of untreated hypertension are way more than taking prescription medication to treat it.

If it is your choice not to use medication, you have that absolute right.  However, human lifespan increase is due to medical advances.  And certainly quality of life is improved also.

Hyacinth

Honored Contributor

Some hypertension can run in families; you can be predisposed to it if one or both of your parents have it. Both of my parents had hypertension and they were treated for it for many years, so I was not surprised to find out my BP was too high as well. I bought an Amron BP monitor and took it to my PCP at his suggestion to make sure it was calibrated with the one in his office. It took almost three years to find the right combo of meds to get my BP to normal levels. If someone can no longer take Valsartan, there are many other options out there. Being slim and active does not necessarily cure high BP, but both are good for our overall health.
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sorry, but i did read Losaratan was a suspect.  I have a family member who is a pharmacist so this is being investigated as well.  There are 3 blood pressure meds in  question,  Valsartan is just one that was definitely recognized and recalled, FOR NOW.  However, people need to be informed and ask a lot of questions to their doctors.  Also, people need to find out where your particular medication is being made especially what country of origin it is being made.

Honored Contributor

I checked DH's med and his is manufactured by a company not on the recall list.