Honored Contributor

Re: If you found $100 and had to.....

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@blackhole99 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@blackhole99 wrote:

I don't consider money I found on the street a windfall or lucky find, that's money someone lost. I could not enjoy anything I bought with it and it's really not mine to donate. I would have to turn it into the police, tell them where I found it and hope the owner calls the police station.

That is a good intention, @blackhole99 , and I would agree with you if it were something that had any kind of personal ID on it.

@suzyQ3 It's a THING with me, I could not justify keeping money I found on the street under any circumstances. I know what it's like to have nothing and I would never look at someones bad luck as a windfall for myself. I would also think less of someone who could.

Understood, @blackhole99. May I suggest, then, that you donate any cash found or give it to someone who is in need instead of taking it to the police, who would have no way of finding the owner.

@suzyQ3  If I lost anything, I would go to the places I was last and if nothing was turned in anywhere, I would go to the police station to see if someone turned it in. The money IMO is not mine to do anything with.

Respected Contributor

@Lucky Charm 

LOL....I wish I was that gifted!! Ok, note to self, I am using a different font...  lolakimono is the one who can speak many languages!😲

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

lobster, fresh cracked knuckle and claw meat.  then I would eat lobster rolls for a couple days.

hopefully my oldest granddaughter would be around because her and lobster are BFF's

Honored Contributor

I actually did find exactly $100 in a remote parking  area a few years ago, and asked a similar question on this board. 

After getting more than enough responses, I put the money in my daughter’s checking account.  She was a hard working grad student at the time, and I felt she could use the extra cash. 

Honored Contributor

put towards my credit card bill

Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo hope you are feeling better.Didnyou have a flu?It seems a lot of people in my area are sick...does that season never end.

Trusted Contributor

I'd spend it on a nice lunch at an expensive French restaurant in town.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@occasionalrain 

How strange that you say that.    I went grocery shopping today and bought a 1/4 slice yellow watermelon.   Yellow ones are my favorite and I can hardly ever find one.   5 minutes ago I went to the fridge and sliced up some and was eating it when I read your post.

I don't know about Bradford's but I'll sure look it up in a bit.   Thanks.  (  Just took another bite).  

As for the original question, I think some people should just lighten up and 'play the game'.   It's just a question about what you'd do with an extra $100.00 .  No need to make a point that it isn't yours.  No it isn't.  You didn't really find it ; it's just a game.   

And, come on folks, read the post.  It clearly stated that it was for YOU and only YOU to spend.  

Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo   Hope you're feeling better today, best wishes to and for you.

Honored Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@blackhole99 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@blackhole99 wrote:

I don't consider money I found on the street a windfall or lucky find, that's money someone lost. I could not enjoy anything I bought with it and it's really not mine to donate. I would have to turn it into the police, tell them where I found it and hope the owner calls the police station.

That is a good intention, @blackhole99 , and I would agree with you if it were something that had any kind of personal ID on it.

@suzyQ3 It's a THING with me, I could not justify keeping money I found on the street under any circumstances. I know what it's like to have nothing and I would never look at someones bad luck as a windfall for myself. I would also think less of someone who could.

Understood, @blackhole99. May I suggest, then, that you donate any cash found or give it to someone who is in need instead of taking it to the police, who would have no way of finding the owner.

@suzyQ3  If I lost anything, I would go to the places I was last and if nothing was turned in anywhere, I would go to the police station to see if someone turned it in. The money IMO is not mine to do anything with.

@blackhole99  I don't think they even have the time or resources to figure out who owns the money, and even if they could, there would be no way to verify the person's claim.

Hopefully, they would donate it to a good cause.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland