Honored Contributor

Re: If you found $100 and had to.....

I’d pass it on

Honored Contributor

I’d ask a friend what she or he wanted, then I’d pretend it was for me and give it away.

i buy myself stuff all of the time so there’s nothing I want.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

There is someone I would like to treat, and I would do that ,but after rereading , I guess ,I have to spend it on me

Perhaps, I would be allowed to take this person to dinner?

Respected Contributor

@dooBdoo Hi !!! No, I did not use those...I think they are odd....I talked to Beth about the prior issue with the 'photo' showing up out of no where and I'd taked to you about it too...so, do you remember that? Hopefully we can get this resolved together... Heart

Did you see what happened to my post in here? Good lord.... Beth sent it to me. Nice to see you alll the time dear one.

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Respected Contributor

@dooBdoo After I made my comment, I returned later on and it was fine...... somehow it 'changed' during the early am hours or late night......... I was up tilll midnight my time and all was good then on here....... I'm going to sign off for now and be back when it cools down a bit....

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@blackhole99 wrote:

I don't consider money I found on the street a windfall or lucky find, that's money someone lost. I could not enjoy anything I bought with it and it's really not mine to donate. I would have to turn it into the police, tell them where I found it and hope the owner calls the police station.

That is a good intention, @blackhole99 , and I would agree with you if it were something that had any kind of personal ID on it.

@suzyQ3 It's a THING with me, I could not justify keeping money I found on the street under any circumstances. I know what it's like to have nothing and I would never look at someones bad luck as a windfall for myself. I would also think less of someone who could.

Honored Contributor

@cbrite I saw it, it didn't look like the characters shown here now, but more like Russian or some other alphabet.

I honestly thought that you were typing your response in a tongue you knew.  I was impressed!Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@cbrite wrote:

@dooBdoo Hi !!! No, I did not use those...I think they are odd....I talked to Beth about the prior issue with the 'photo' showing up out of no where and I'd taked to you about it too...so, do you remember that? Hopefully we can get this resolved together... Heart

Did you see what happened to my post in here? Good lord.... Beth sent it to me. Nice to see you alll the time dear one.

@cbrite wrote:

@dooBdoo After I made my comment, I returned later on and it was fine...... somehow it 'changed' during the early am hours or late night......... I was up tilll midnight my time and all was good then on here....... I'm going to sign off for now and be back when it cools down a bit....

Well, phooey, I was hoping that would be a clue. 🙃  We do love a mystery don’t we?   I saw the post briefly, and it looked like a  “Wingdings” conversion but I was really sick last night and all day today, too, and couldn’t login ‘til tonight.   Your photo mystery sounds familiar but my brain’s just not working.   Good to see you, too.  Think I probably need to go back to bed.  

@cbrite,  Stay cool and take care.❤️   Sorry for off topic, everyone.❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

If I found $100 and I had to spend it on myself?

I would take myself out to a really nice dinner, at a steakhouse, where I would have a dry-aged grass-fed porterhouse steak cooked medium-rare.

Yummmmmmmm!

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@blackhole99 wrote:

I don't consider money I found on the street a windfall or lucky find, that's money someone lost. I could not enjoy anything I bought with it and it's really not mine to donate. I would have to turn it into the police, tell them where I found it and hope the owner calls the police station.

That is a good intention, @blackhole99 , and I would agree with you if it were something that had any kind of personal ID on it.

@suzyQ3 It's a THING with me, I could not justify keeping money I found on the street under any circumstances. I know what it's like to have nothing and I would never look at someones bad luck as a windfall for myself. I would also think less of someone who could.

Understood, @blackhole99. May I suggest, then, that you donate any cash found or give it to someone who is in need instead of taking it to the police, who would have no way of finding the owner.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland