Valued Contributor

Re: If you could live anywhere, where would you live? And where would your 2nd home be?!

Exactly where I'm at outside of Fort Lauderdale. It was my dream to move to south Florida and I finally made it here. I sometimes wish I was closer to Tampa so I could be a volunteer at Big Cat Rescue, but they are about a 4 and 1/2 hour one way drive from me now. Too far to drive for volunteering and not currently an option with COVID. I will not move back North though. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: If you could live anywhere, where would you live? And where would your 2nd home be?!

Since I am Greek, I already have a house in Athens.

The question is if I could live anywhere where the location would be,  well I will choose London and for the second home, I would choose anywhere to reside in California.

The Supreme Happiness Of Life Consists In The Conviction That One Is Loved.
I come from the beautiful and sunny Athens Greece
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Italy.  If I ever win the lottery, I'm buying a home in Italy.  I love the Italian people.  My favorite city is Rome (DH's is Venice), but I'd most likely live somewhere more rural with easy access to the city.

Other than that and the U.S., Scotland would be another choice.

("Under the Tuscan Sun" is one of my favorite movies.)

Esteemed Contributor

I have been to many countries. I really loved Ireland. I would not need a second home if I lived there!
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Valued Contributor

I think London would suit me well.  Not happening.

Trusted Contributor

@Alter Ego wrote:
Sometimes I think about the rest of the country (bears in peoples’ backyards, dangerous snakes, alligators, giant bugs, sand storms, etc) and realize that I’m very happy where I am in Chicago! In my travels, I’ve only felt that I could probably live in Sydney - and that was probably because it was another big city and (I’m embarrassed to say) because they speak English.

----

Your post made me smile 😊I suppose snakes alligators and bears 🐻 would be quite a surprise, in Chicago 😁

Honored Contributor

Exactly where I am!!

Valued Contributor

Closer to where my son lives.

Honored Contributor

You Tube has shown me Switzerland.  Love the beauty there.  Love to see the trains they have too.  So it's Switzerland.  I can't speak it.  Oh well............Woman Very Happy

Trusted Contributor

I currently live in Florida I would love to live in the Pacific NorthWest.  Just north of Seattle.   

I grew up outside Chicago, and I do miss fall and winter a bit.