Valued Contributor

Re: If I had it do over again, I'd have been into

Home decorator, I get many compliments on the way I decorate our Home.
But I loved being a stay at home momma
Respected Contributor

I was a stay-at-home mom until circumstances dictated I had to enter the workforce almost twenty years ago. I loved being at home and never really had any career ambitions. Now I can't wait to retire so I can stay at home again. Loved being in charge of my time and activities!

Respected Contributor

... Theoretical Physics in the area of Particle Physics (subatomic)

Esteemed Contributor

I would definitely have gone to law school. It was my goal before I met DH. After we got married DH spent years trying to get me to go. I felt that it would have taken too much time away from us so I didn't.

Looking back I should have done it. But I have a wonderful life & I'm grateful for my many blessings.

Trusted Contributor

Bass guitarist in a band.

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@qualitygal,

What a nice question!

I actually would have wanted to do exactly what I did-

being a mom of course and also teaching emotionally disturbed children in the school system, especially Autistic children.

Ever since I was 16, I wanted to do this.

eta-and maybe an oceanographer tooSmiley Happy and a meterologist-they are always so happy talking about the weather!

I tried meterology 101 loved it then got to the next course 102 and got to triginometry! Oi! That wasn't going to work.Had to abandon that idea!

But to get thru those awful college years I told my mother I could only major in drama and music.

I felt after awhile there was so much applause you can take for yourself.

When I started working with troubled kids for an internship, I was in love and it was so fulfilling and it went on from there.

But it really was the movie Run Wild Run Free about an Autistic boy I saw when I was 16. I just felt so drawn to

how he felt and that I could so relate to him. From then on, I knew what I wanted to do. I never made that much money, but I loved what I did and I know that is priceless.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

I would do the same thing all over again...biochemist/medical technologist. I love it.

Respected Contributor

@FLgardener wrote:

@PickyPicky3 -- You hit my nail on the head. Luckily I had a great career in landscaping, but I have had a life long passion for fabrics. It's the feel in the hand and close-up visual appeal, the texture and dye saturation, or no dye at all.

Well, I know you get it.

@FLgardener  Of course you realize by now we'd be living in Asia or exploring career change.

Respected Contributor

I'm not sure about doing anything very different.  I'd probably make some small changes.

I wanted to be an elementary teacher or a school counselor. And I always wanted to get married and have a family.  I did both (mom and teacher). I did put my career on hold after my first son was born. I loved being a SAHM, having time to read to my child, take him to the bookstore, going to the park, walking in the woods.  It was great.  What didn't happen the way I planned was that it took a while to get pregnant the second time.  So it was almost 9 years before I went back to work. The result was that I was older when I finally retired.

During my teaching career I made significantly less than most of my brothers and sis.  My brothers used to be shocked when I'd tell them how little I was making compared to their salaries.  But my youngest brother teases me now and tells me that I'm looking pretty smart since they're all still working and I'm retired and have a pension Smiley Very Happy (even though it's not very large.) 

Honored Contributor

I wouldn't change anything.

I've always been in accounting, working in various jobs for the 40 years I worked.

I admire someone who can work for one employer for 40 years but I couldn't

I learned so much, met so many people.   It's been an interesting ride.