Respected Contributor

Re: If I had it do over again, I'd have been into

[ Edited ]

Realistically: An RN.  I think I would have been good at it.

Fantasy:  I still want to be a best selling author, who writes book after book.  Like Debbie Macumber, or Steven King.  Oh, and I work out of a fabulous beach house.  

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Respected Contributor

...textile development and design. I should have gone to the Philadelphia College of Textiles and Science which had and still has a unique bachelor's program.

If any of you remember my "Fabric Failure" post over the summer(?), that was just the high school senior still inside me having her occasional temper tantrum.

Honored Contributor

Independently wealthy.  I think that's the road to go.  

Esteemed Contributor

being a stay-at-home Mom.

Honored Contributor

At one point I told my husband that when in high school and a little later I wanted to be a social worker.

He said it's a good thing I wasn't because I'd feel so sorry for all of them I'd be bringing them home to take care of them!

Honored Contributor

Have no idea. Since it is impossible to do it over again....why even think about it?

Honored Contributor

I would have studied design and engineering. And become a pet toy designer.

Last night I was shopping Amazon for a replacement laser pointer, for entertaining and exercising the cats, because I broke my pointer. Well you would not believe the gizmos people have designed for this purpose.

I can't imagine a more fun filled job than to create and test pet toys all week.

Below are the models I've saved to my wishlist. I've already bought a replacement plain laser pointer. The rocking egg ball with feathers and mouse noises looks like a riot. The last picture reminds me of a Dalek! Do you see it too?

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

@Peaches McPhee Absolutely -- on working from beach house

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Trusted Contributor

@PickyPicky3 -- You hit my nail on the head. Luckily I had a great career in landscaping, but I have had a life long passion for fabrics. It's the feel in the hand and close-up visual appeal, the texture and dye saturation, or no dye at all.

Well, I know you get it.

Respected Contributor

@qualitygal I would be in ANYTHING but banking.  I spent 20 years in a job at at bank and NO pension retirement.  I then worked at a gas company for 14 years and it was also a journey with NO pension.  Yes, they were both my choices, but I live in a small town and had elderly parents with no one else to take care of them.