Honored Contributor

Re: Idle Thoughts About Our Friends Across the Pond

I'm sure William and Kate are thrilled by the Queens decision. As for Harry and Megan, they have gradually dropped off the radar with the Pandemic. And I doubt anyone misses them.

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry, I know nothing of the protocol, but is it the queen that decides whether Camilla be labeled Queen Consort rather than Princess Consort?

And, if so, who will be one deciding whether Kate is given the same recognition?  Would it be Charles if he's king? 

If that's the case I imagine William and Kate would be thrilled by the queen's decision hoping Charles would follow suit when the time comes. 

Honored Contributor

It will be Charles who will decide when he's king. The Queen was publicly giving her wishes and approval. William will decide concerning Kate when he's king.

Esteemed Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

It will be Charles who will decide when he's king. The Queen was publicly giving her wishes and approval. William will decide concerning Kate when he's king.

Thank you, @occasionalrain , for helping me out with that explanation. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Highly unusual for me, but I'm going to go off topic for a second to say that I love the color combinations of the suits the ladies are wearing in the photo and the way the outfits look with the flowers. Beautiful colors.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm not particularly interested in who's who among the royals but I am curious about one thing. Kate has apparently adjusted well to her position and responsibilities within the royal family. However, even among those born and raised royal, the rules, expectations, and responsibilities have led to some miserable lives. Yes, there's wealth and physical comfort but I wonder how Kate really feels about the firm, as it's called.

Honored Contributor

@Vivian wrote:

I'm not particularly interested in who's who among the royals but I am curious about one thing. Kate has apparently adjusted well to her position and responsibilities within the royal family. However, even among those born and raised royal, the rules, expectations, and responsibilities have led to some miserable lives. Yes, there's wealth and physical comfort but I wonder how Kate really feels about the firm, as it's called.

@Vivian I think she was mature, dated William a long time, and knew what the deal was.  A lot of people take on difficult tasks for their families.  A lot of people understand hard work and don't shy away from it.

And if you think the money makes up for the work, I can't imagine the life they live--on display, going to events all the time, every move watched, photographers in the bushes.  In this day it must be even worse.  

Honored Contributor

Amen Ms. Sooner !  doing all that boring work, charities, every move watched, speculated on, pictures showing a hair on your chin. Change your hair style it makes the front page news on every newspaper.

I do think something is fishy in Monaco with Princess Charlene, Charlotte whatever her name is that is married to Prince of Monaco. I smell a cover up there. He's another one that can't keep his trousers on and this strange disease that the wife has and can't be treated there is weird. Why does she have to be treated where she is from South Africa? why doesn't she come here to the States?   

Guess time will tell. They're Catholics, so,  be no divorce. 

Trusted Contributor

@KKJ wrote:

@BoopOMatic wrote:

@occasionalrain wrote:

Diana cheated first. I admire Charles and like Camilla very much. Diana, like Harry, lacked intelligence. Interesting that none of the men with whom she had affairs lasted long.

That's true, she started with her bodyguard.

I like Charles and Camilla, they are both very decent people who don't go out of their way to harm others or the monarchy. They are responsible and can be relied upon.

Charles is not the ogre Diana made him out to be.

But she knew how to play the media and how to play on people's emotions.

Very decent people??  And you know them personally?  SMH

I know them as well as anyone here knows Diana............and yes I do think they are decent people. Why not?

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain  And I'm sure that knowing her husband was having sex with his ex gf (who was married at the time) didn't help her mental health at all.