Valued Contributor

Congrats, I know it must be satisfying  I only use easy pay when I think I may return something so that way I only pay a portion before I receive the credit I did use it for my Vitamix since I didn't have it in my monthly budget to pay $400 in one shot.

Respected Contributor

Good for you. I would hate owing money or using something that I know isn't even paid for! 

Honored Contributor

@so sowrote:

I have paid all my easy pays off!!!! What a load off... That will never happen again....it feels so freeing. now to attack some medical bills.... ugh. always something. Not buying anything from the Q unless I can pay cash..

@so so

???   If you don't mind me asking, just how much was the total purchases, anyway?  Several hundred?   Several thousand?

Honored Contributor

@wagirlwrote:

those monthly easy pays are the devil!!!!! 

@wagirl

Seriously?     It seems to me that the easy pay option is just that ....  an option.

Seems to me that the REAL problem is that people are buying things that put them into uncomfortable debt levels ....  evidence of bad financial management.   

The REAL problem is the person's actions .... NOT the so-called "devilish" easy pay feature.   Good grief.

Esteemed Contributor

That is why I never use easy pay.  Too hard to keep track and too easy to over spend.  I figure if I can't pay the whole thing, I don't need it.

Honored Contributor

Congratulations!!

The only reason I use Easy Pay is when I purchase something and I am not sure if I am going to keep it. Sizing on clothing here is all over the place. That way I only laid out a small amount of money rather than the full price of an item if I need to return it.

It works for me but do understand how it may be difficult for some. The minute I receive the item I decide whether I am keeping it and then pay off all the easy pays ahead of time. That way they are not hanging over my head to pay over a few months.

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11wrote:

Congratulations!!

The only reason I use Easy Pay is when I purchase something and I am not sure if I am going to keep it. Sizing on clothing here is all over the place. That way I only laid out a small amount of money rather than the full price of an item if I need to return it.

It works for me but do understand how it may be difficult for some. The minute I receive the item I decide whether I am keeping it and then pay off all the easy pays ahead of time. That way they are not hanging over my head to pay over a few months.

@Trinity11

Ditto .... there are plenty of good reasons to use the EP option. 

For retirees on a fixed income, it's helpful to purchase several holiday gifts for grandkids in advance.... or if someone is taking a new job and needs to buy several pieces of business attire ....  but for impulse buyers, it can certainly be a real problem.

I remember when I first discovered QVC .... one of my first EP purchases were somewhat expensive food items.    The following month I looked at the upcoming monthly totals and thought .... how stupid is it to make payments for several months on food I ate ages ago?    It really put things in perspective, very quickly.  

Respected Contributor

Re: IT'S OVER!!!!

[ Edited ]

When I first started watching QVC, (25+ years ago) I had a Q card and used EZ pay.  When the monthly bill came, I found I could not remember what the EZ pays represented.  

I cut up the card and said never again.

Over the years I've been floored when posters discuss how many EZ payments they have monthly. 

Yes, EZ pay has its place but (IMO) more often than not, it encourages people to buy things they cannot really afford, and do not really need.

Then again it is none of my business how others choose to spend their money.

Honored Contributor

those ez pays are a real draw but once you begin to get hit monthly with each pay out, you realize they are not so EZ pay's.

Honored Contributor

I probably would have taken care my medical expenses before I bought things on Easy Pay.  However, you're free now and hopefully you won't succumb to the lure of EP again.