Honored Contributor

Shoot people go to HSN.com and get 'call blocker' ! I got one for me and my sister is getting one for Xmas.

good product. Once you hit the red button that caller is blocked forever more and you won't hear it ring. Party calls, 'Call blocker' recognizes it and dumps it your not disturbed.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE does it get the calls that use local numbers even though they are calling from another country?

Honored Contributor

We have specific ringtones for everyone who calls. The rest are ignored.

DH had a VM telling him "second time" we tried to reach you.  (Never had a "first time".)

There is a warrant out for his arrest and if he doesn't return the call they "wish him luck".  The area code came out of DC.

We're still waiting for the knock on the door.  ROTFL!

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

I assume if you see who it is first, then, hit the red button that blocks that #, eventually they will quit. you can always let them talk first via answering machine, then, hit the red button, that way you don't have to talk to them at all.

suppose to be able to block numbers from your cordless phone too, by hitting the pd. key # and then either 23 or 25. It's all spelled out in the booklet.

If I'm not expecting a call or don't recognize the out of state area code

BAM! goes the red button......THE END...........

I had a bunch who kept calling wanting to talk to Bruce Willis I kept her talking then I hit the red button. No more calls requesting Bruce. Now, if he wants to call me I will accept the charges. LOL

Honored Contributor

@Julie928 wrote:

A couple of weeks ago I came home to four messages on our machine from the "IRS."  Four in one morning!  Then that evening around 9:00 I get another call and this time they are MAD!!!!!  Legal action will be taken!  Yeah, right. The good news is the calls have stopped because the repeated messages at all hours was really getting annoying.  I never answer the phone if I don't recognize the number anyway but calling at 9 at night???? 

How about a private caller (number has been blocked on caller ID) calling at 3:08AM? I answered the call, no one on other line. I hung up on them and then they proceed to call 12 more times! with me hanging up each time! My phone company walked me through blocking private or anonymous calls using my DVR & TV at 3:30 AM!

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because of the link.

Esteemed Contributor

@bri20 wrote:

I got a text alert from our Village Hall to be aware of the IRS calls.  I wonder if they're ramping up again? 

I haven't received any calls, but I did block a ton of numbers...

I saw a commercial done by  Social Security, saying they do not call asking for any information over a phone. 

Trusted Contributor

I just got one of the calls at my office.  It was a recorded message.  So I called the number back and the man, speaking broken English, asked for my personal information, which of course I did not give him.  He asked for somebody named Alexander, then hung up.