Honored Contributor

I also took one years ago when I was in school.

In various forums when this topic comes up it's always the people who have scored highly enough to be considered a "genius" or close to it that like to share that bit of information.  By doing so it seems that they are average when it comes to human nature though.

Honored Contributor

Can only remember taking ACT and SAT for college placement.

Super Contributor

Back in the '60s, my mother was told by my jr hi counselor that I had had an IQ test. If he told her the score, she didn't pass it on to me.

We  had my son tested at 6 1/2 years old, to back up our decision to not put him in grade school. The local university's psychology dept. did it, gave him a whole battery of tests. Glad we did, wish we had known about it for his older brother.

Respected Contributor

yes 

Valued Contributor
I know they were administered in both middle school and high school. I also know the results were revealed to my parents (but I was never told) - and they never felt I lived up to their expectations or in their words, my "potential."

Fast foward 50 years later. I go through the weekly grocery circular and make a mental note of what I need - and I certainly don't need to make a written list as I can remember what's what. I drive to the store, go inside and stand there like a fool because I know I came for more than milk and bread - so I just wing it on the rest! The worst part, I play the same game week after week. The day I take pen to paper is the day I acknowledge my not so great memory and my lacking IQ - lol! The good news - I've retained my wicked, self deprecating sense of humor.
Valued Contributor

Yes and I was forever haunted that I never put my all into my school work.  A curse.