Honored Contributor

@Sage04 wrote:

By the way, any Walmarts in your area accepting only Cards for payment? For the past month only Cards were accepted because no cash was available. Don´t really understand it. Also Kroger (supermarket) is doing the same for now.  I finally went to a cashier instead of self check out and used cash and instead of giving me back 76 cents in change he told me that they are out of change and it would be added to my Kroger store card and the next time I buy something there it will deduct that amount.

I did and it did. Hope things change soon. I always take my Debit Card with me but decided to stop using it so have been taking cash, but it´s not working at Walmart.

@Sage04 

Last year when there was a coin shortage, my Kroger was not giving change.  I think that lasted a couple of months before they went back to normal.

As for Walmart, at that same time their self-checkouts were only accepting cards for the same reason, but you could use a checker if you had cash.  

Many of my Walmart's self-checkouts still will only accept cards.  I was told that now it's because those machines need maintenance from the vendor.  Some of the machines do now take cash or cards now though.

Esteemed Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@Sage04 wrote:

By the way, any Walmarts in your area accepting only Cards for payment? For the past month only Cards were accepted because no cash was available. Don´t really understand it. Also Kroger (supermarket) is doing the same for now.  I finally went to a cashier instead of self check out and used cash and instead of giving me back 76 cents in change he told me that they are out of change and it would be added to my Kroger store card and the next time I buy something there it will deduct that amount.

I did and it did. Hope things change soon. I always take my Debit Card with me but decided to stop using it so have been taking cash, but it´s not working at Walmart.

@Sage04 

Last year when there was a coin shortage, my Kroger was not giving change.  I think that lasted a couple of months before they went back to normal.

As for Walmart, at that same time their self-checkouts were only accepting cards for the same reason, but you could use a checker if you had cash.  

Many of my Walmart's self-checkouts still will only accept cards.  I was told that now it's because those machines need maintenance from the vendor.  Some of the machines do now take cash or cards now though.

@geezerette  thanks for reminding me.  I´ve always used my Card but a few months ago I decided to start using cash. Hope the problem is solved soon.

Honored Contributor

I liked that too at Walmart. Now I just have to ask a worker if I see one that is not too busy to check a price for me.

I had the app one time and it crashed my phone! So now

Im scared to get most apps on my phone.

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

Stores should keep scanners for those who don't carry smart phones or don't want to put apps on a phone. 

I haven't been to a Walmart in ages. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@sunshine 919 wrote:

Yes they should stay in the store.  I remember asking a staff member about the scanners and they told me the same thing, download an app!!!??? why do they think everyone carries their phone around to look up prices.  It is very difficult to find a staff memeber to help you at Walmart so the scanners were a great tool

@sunshine 919 

Meanwhile, dont know if this is the case at all stores, but if an employee at Target is walking around and notices a customer they approach you and ask if there's anything they can help you with---even if I am just browsing I appreciate that extra effort and that's what separates the poor service at Walmart versus Target and other stores who dont think its a bother to give good customer service!....

One time we were in the Pet Department at Walmart and my sister was checking out pet beds, she pulled out one that was on the bottom of the stack to check it out, and do you know a Walmart employee approached us and actually said, "I just got through arranging those, and they better be put back in order like I left them...." Can you believe the rudeness---but that's how their employees seem to be--always with an attitude--encountered rude cashiers (he said he was mad at the Manager)....others are fighting over who is supposed to be stocking and whose supposed to be at the Express Line, one cashier let a cute young guy cut in line even....SMH!!! This is why Walmart is a LAST RESORT for me...Woman Frustrated

@Spurt wrote:

@sunshine 919 wrote:

Yes they should stay in the store.  I remember asking a staff member about the scanners and they told me the same thing, download an app!!!??? why do they think everyone carries their phone around to look up prices.  It is very difficult to find a staff memeber to help you at Walmart so the scanners were a great tool

@sunshine 919 

Meanwhile, dont know if this is the case at all stores, but if an employee at Target is walking around and notices a customer they approach you and ask if there's anything they can help you with---even if I am just browsing I appreciate that extra effort and that's what separates the poor service at Walmart versus Target and other stores who dont think its a bother to give good customer service!....

One time we were in the Pet Department at Walmart and my sister was checking out pet beds, she pulled out one that was on the bottom of the stack to check it out, and do you know a Walmart employee approached us and actually said, "I just got through arranging those, and they better be put back in order like I left them...." Can you believe the rudeness---but that's how their employees seem to be--always with an attitude--encountered rude cashiers (he said he was mad at the Manager)....others are fighting over who is supposed to be stocking and whose supposed to be at the Express Line, one cashier let a cute young guy cut in line even....SMH!!! This is why Walmart is a LAST RESORT for me...Woman Frustrated

Not only will target staff help you they will actually take you to an itemSmiley Happy

Honored Contributor

It is good customer service to ask a customer if help is needed but it is also a method to let the customer know that she has been "seen".

It is a way to make the customer aware that she is noticed so that she will think twice about stealing.

This was a method we learned way back when working retail in college.  Good customer service training is important but greeting customers has a dual purpose in many stores.

Honestly I really do not see too many people working the floors anymore.

Macy's is horrible-the sales people in cosmetics run back and forth between brands to help - it used to be one sales person per brand.

The rest of the store is so dead you can hear a mouse break wind.

Forget Wal-Mart-wild horses have to drag me to go there.  Which is only about 3 times a year, if that. 

Target is ok for cashiers but floor help is hard to find.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh