Honored Contributor

I Don't Like USPS Leaving More After Mail Delivered

I am getting very exasperated with the Post Office leaving MORE mail in the box after they have delivered the mail for the day.  Today the mail came at 9:30 but a package was missing according to informed delivery.

Well, close to 3 p.m. I went to their site to say the package wasn't delivered as scheduled and found out it was delivered to the mailbox about 1 p.m.

So, had I not gone on line, the package would have sat in the box all weekend, and maybe been picked back up by the carrier on Monday.  Or what about someone who maybe was going on vacation, picked up the mail then here comes more later, and might sit there who knows how long?

This in addition to FedEx who has a check to deliver and it has been scheduled three days now and apparently is enjoying it's stay in Texas too much to leave.

Crazy days for shipping--and I know these are redundant stories, so I'll try to refrain from posting about it again.

Honored Contributor

Re: I Don't Like USPS Leaving More After Mail Delivered

I guess I don't see it as something to complain about...

You got your package and the USPS is doing their best to make sure folks get their mail ASAP underneath all the circumstances.

Our USPS driver will occasionally deliver twice in a day...sometimes it's 2 different drivers/trucks. It doesn't bother us one bit.

Honored Contributor

I don't know how they do it in other locations but here they will park at one end of my little street (U shaped street) and do the walk around to deliver the first class type mail.  Then, they drive around and drop the parcels. 

Well, some do it the other way around but the end result is the same - first one type of mail is delivered then the other.

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

I don't know how they do it in other locations but here they will park at one end of my little street (U shaped street) and do the walk around to deliver the first class type mail.  Then, they drive around and drop the parcels. 

Well, some do it the other way around but the end result is the same - first one type of mail is delivered then the other.

My mailman delivers the packages first with any mail you have. Then he parks the truck and delivers just the mail. I'm extremely satisfied with my post office.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

It could have been done by two different trucks. By the way, every weekend I see Fedex and UPS in my neighborhood. Didn´t know they started delivering on weekends.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner   You PO maybe have one carrier for mail and another for packages.  I find Informed Delivery is so inaccurate that I pay no attention to it.  Half the time I receive no notification about packages but go to the mailbox and there's a package. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

I am getting very exasperated with the Post Office leaving MORE mail in the box after they have delivered the mail for the day.  Today the mail came at 9:30 but a package was missing according to informed delivery.

Well, close to 3 p.m. I went to their site to say the package wasn't delivered as scheduled and found out it was delivered to the mailbox about 1 p.m.

So, had I not gone on line, the package would have sat in the box all weekend, and maybe been picked back up by the carrier on Monday.  Or what about someone who maybe was going on vacation, picked up the mail then here comes more later, and might sit there who knows how long?

This in addition to FedEx who has a check to deliver and it has been scheduled three days now and apparently is enjoying it's stay in Texas too much to leave.

Crazy days for shipping--and I know these are redundant stories, so I'll try to refrain from posting about it again.

@Sooner, Fedex passed my house about an hour ago. If I knew, I would have stopped him and ask for your check.  I love, love, love informed delivery.

Happy to hear that you got your package. Now about your check, it will leave Texas when it´s good and ready lol.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

My USPS delivers mail via carrier and a truck that delivers packages.  If there are minimal pkgs/small pkgs, the carrier might have them with him on his truck.  Works well, USPS is doing a great job considering the excessive mail over the last 18 months during pandemic.  I applaud what they have been able to accomplish given what they were handed.  And USPS deliver also for Amazon and UPS.

Use informed delivery and also use USPS website to request pickup of pkgs; efficient and works well.

Honored Contributor

Do you have anyplace in your area that will accept deliveries for you?  Like the UPS Package Store?   Or even some Walgreen's will accept and ship packages.

A friend of mine gets her deliveries at a UPS store in her neighborhood.

We have a package service here at our apt complex - makes it very convenient - they take delivery and notify me when something comes in. (Small monthly membership fee for unlimted packages.) 

They also handle outgoing packages.  If I return or send something - just have to drop it off there.  UPS, FedEx and USPS pick up from there daily.

Honored Contributor

@Sage04 Well, if you see him again just say "Sooner said so" but you'll be a little disappointed in the amoung. 

Do you have a McDonalds near?  Woman Very Happy