Honored Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

This is a message for all women that was forward to me by a very close friend.  I felt compelled to pass it on to as many women as I can...

If your boyfriend or husband ever says anything rude or disrespectful to you, tell him to write it down on a piece of paper, get in his car, drive, and deliver it to his mother or simply hand it to his daughter.  If he can't say it to his mother or doesn't want another man to say it to his daughter, he shouldn't be saying it to you.

@Lindsays Grandma 

My mother died in 1969 and I have no human kids. 

I will add this however. Rudeness and disrespect run the gamete of human beings. Some want respect but do nothing to earn it. What is rude to 1 person, is not to another.

Now as one of the few Male here, ya know I had'da say somethin, no?

hckynut 

You made me laugh!!  Oh, there you are!  Hope Cindy and critters are all fine too.

Honored Contributor

Some mothers will side with their disrespectful sons.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

Any man, whatever his relation to me, would only disrespect me once.

Honored Contributor

If I have to send my husband back to his mother, there's a far deeper issue going on.  

There's no justifying being rude.   It's not happening in my house 

Honored Contributor

Right out of 1960.   If my husband said something disrespectful, I am woman enough to tell him myself....in no uncertain terms.  I would not have to play games.

Respected Contributor

@kitcat51 wrote:

Does the same apply to disrespectful comments made by girlfriends & wives? It doesn't go just one way...women can dish it out too.

bet your a*s you can; what's good for the goose is good for the gander too.

Respected Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

I like the idea...but sometimes the apple doesn't fall far from the tree...

...and you might be putting yourself in physical danger if you do. Be careful.

Trusted Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma 

I’ll be married 54 years next month and we both say nonsense to each other in anger.

Fuhgeddaboutit!

Esteemed Contributor

@ROMARY ...Of that, I have no doubt.  Instead of

explaining right from wrong to their darling sons, they, as you said, will side with them.  Very sad.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Right out of 1960.   If my husband said something disrespectful, I am woman enough to tell him myself....in no uncertain terms.  I would not have to play games.

@chrystaltree 

You nailed it .... IMO like advice given, as an example, in the 1960s to a group of school children.  I doubt many emotionally mature women would behave this way.  They would handle it themselves.