Respected Contributor

I 8EF8F975-682C-46B7-AA12-2DC13C215C79.jpeg3EA0754A-2D38-4CE4-A270-2170EBAB6561.jpeg75F5A8F4-8D92-4473-B9CB-3FA75CD15A00.jpeg3477868D-FE3F-49B1-AE99-BA41BBC1D034.jpeg0503CF07-7BB7-415F-B06B-1C59205CA6D9.jpegknow some people don’t care for Pier1, but I do. Some of the things in the pictures are not new, there’re purchases from way back. I change things out a lot we have a really big kitchen island and I’m always messing with different trays and things.

Respected Contributor

Re: I went to Pier1 this week.

I like all your trays and mosaics.  I like to browse Pier One as well.  You never know what you might come across while in the store.  They also have nice pillows for changing your decor from season to season or holiday.

Looks like you have a nice home.  I've been looking for a nice tray for my coffee table and can't decide on one that I like.  I like the last one you pictured that looks like mosaic and is kind of coastal in its feel with the lighter colors and design.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Leggett28   What a lovely home you have and what a beautiful arrangements you have created.  Thank you for sharing.  

I've usually loved Pier 1 and hope they survive.  Have always liked their liquid diffuser scents and purchased many other unique items over the last thirty years.

Used to visit their stores in person, which I preferred.  No access to one where I relocated, so I ordered online in the spring of 2018.  

Took me an nine months, literally, to get some partial satisfaction on part of an online order that was never delivered and they knew it and finally confirmed that indeed, it had NOT been delivered to me, as I had told them, repeatedly.  Shipping company finally traced and fessed up.  

It might partially explain why they may have been losing customers.  I haven't ordered from them since, but I hope they reorganize successfully, since I am over the poor customer service and was thinking of ordering again when I read of their troubles and closures in the news recently.

I also always liked to shop in the Bombay stores which I think was one of their competitors that folded.

I can get to the World Market brick and mortar store near the Pentagon City Mall and love shopping there.  It carries some similar "Pier 1" type things.

Honored Contributor

I love all of your things. We had a Pier 1 in a nearby shopping center but it closed and is now a Kirkland’s. I used to shop at Pier 1 a lot and loved their candles and furniture. I furnished two different college apts. for my DDs with mostly Pier 1 things. I am sorry to read they are going out of business.
Esteemed Contributor

I am a huge Pier 1 fan, so much so that over the last few years I have replaced  just about all my QVC holiday decor with more statement pieces from Pier 1.  I do still have some Valerie picks and battery lights. I'm hoping my Pier 1 store survives.

Respected Contributor

@aroc3435  OMG, I remember the Bombay Co,I used to get some really nice things from them.

Super Contributor

I have bought many lovely items from Pier 1 over the years and I, too, hope they survive. I’ve literally spent hours happily wandering through my local store.

My latest purchase from Pier 1 was online.  Of the four items I ordered, two were damaged.  I certainly understand that this happens, but I was surprised at how poorly the items were packaged.  A ceramic vase was sent in a plastic bag, which was placed  at the bottom of a large box, with other items on top of it.  When I got to the bottom of the box and lifted out the bag, the vase was, unsurprisingly, in about 20 pieces.  

Customer service was very helpful, and I should receive a replacement vase in a few days.  You have to wonder, though, about the lack of quality control.  

Honored Contributor

I have more than I'll admit to having from pier 1.  I don't like to shop the store, because it can be so cluttered.  When I ask for help, I'm led around the store on a scavenger hunt.  I usually find something on line, order and pickup in store.  Your finds are nice.

Honored Contributor

I'm planning on hitting the final Fire Sale when it comes around............

Trusted Contributor

@Leggett28 

Lovely home and pier1 finds. Love your style too. Thx for sharing.

⚓️