Honored Contributor

I’ve seen it ALL today — Amazon returns

I needed to return set of compression socks bought for spouse, didn't fit to Amazon.

I chose return at Kohls.  I get to the kiosk area and lady in front of me has 2 big shopping bags of returns😳.  I was patiently waiting and she turns around & tells me "I'll be here awhile I have 42 items to return".  

She must have noticed my facial expression because she justified buying everything from makeup to underwear "didn't like".  

Ugh, after 15 minutes & lots of sighs the clerk asked how much are you returning - and took me.

I can't imagine ordering this stuff & returning ...guess that's because "A" generous return policy but holy crow.

Respected Contributor

Re: I’ve seen it ALL today — Amazon returns

@homedecor1 I dont envy you waiting behind that woman.  That usually happens in the 15 items or less speed check out.  The one ahead of me has a carriage full and I've got 1. 

Question about Amazon's returns at Kohls.  Can anything be returned at Kohls as long as it was shipped from Amazon, not the direct seller?  I read on their web site when you initiate a return, it will tell you it can be returned at Kohls.  I had to return something, didn't see that blurb so I brought it to UPS.  Hope you can answer that for me.

CD  

Esteemed Contributor

@homedecor1   It never ceases to amaze me how some people take advantage of a good thing like Amazon's liberal and easy return policy.  They end up spoiling it for the rest of us if Amazon changes it. 

Honored Contributor

I agree with @mspatmac ....hopefully these incidences are rare.  There are always a few who work the system.  I appreciate the Kohl/Amazon policy and have found it to be convenient on the rare occasion that I have a return.  

Trusted Contributor

coffee drinker wrote -  

Question about Amazon's returns at Kohls.  Can anything be returned at Kohls as long as it was shipped from Amazon, not the direct seller?  I read on their web site when you initiate a return, it will tell you it can be returned at Kohls.  I had to return something, didn't see that blurb so I brought it to UPS.  Hope you can answer that for me.

CD  

@coffee drinker - yes, as long as it is approved by Amazon prior to them sending you the return label to drop it off at your local Kohl's.

Honored Contributor

I had this happen to me the last time I went to the Amazon kiosk at Kohl's to make a return.  I had two items to return and all the information pulled up on my phone.  My return took less than 60 seconds, but the woman in front of me had about 15 items and a scatter-brain.  Couldn't coordinate her returns with QR code on her phone; everything in bags that she had to search through for each item; her returns took a half hour.  Very frustrating for me (and I was next!!) let alone the people behind me in line!

Esteemed Contributor

@homedecor1 

As much as I want to give people the benefit of the doubt, this just should NOT be allowed.  

Had she been saving these items up to return I wonder.  Was it all one purchase?

It's just mind boggling that someone could/would do this.  No shame?  Entitlement? 

What happens to all this returned stuff...trash?  Restocked. 

And, this is yet another reason I have stopped going to the stores.  

Honored Contributor

I returned something from AMZ one time to Kolhs--and will never do that again--was way out of my way to get there---when I do  return stuff I drop it in a UPS drop box just about 5 minute walk from me.  42 items is a boatload to return--I pity the poor clerk doing that----

Respected Contributor

I've seen people, many people, return Amazon items at my local UPS store.  Some have it wrapped in the bag it came in or a box, and some I've seen them just bring the item in (like a set towels) and just hand them over.  

Honored Contributor

I've seen someone return a huge number of items at Kohls. I've never seen it at the Amazon return center there but I don't doubt that someone does it.