Honored Contributor

@grandma r That explains the ransacking.  I have to wonder where everyone puts it all.  They must have entire guest rooms that are now dry goods pantries.  I'll bet most don't even look at the expiration or best by dates.  Such a waste.  

Honored Contributor

Re: I scored toilet paper!

[ Edited ]

@Laura14 

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! you did good! Cat Very Happy

You understand me toilet paper. | Sleeping animals, Kittens cutest ...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@KKJ wrote:

I finally scored some TP as well, albeit the store brand, and only a few of those on shelves. My question is this:  when will we ever see Charmin back on shelves and why is there none?  Don't get me wrong as am glad to get any TP right now but just curious why no Charmin? Where's it going?

@KKJ 

This is from Charmin's website---

Charmin bears
TO OUR CHARMIN FANS:

We’ve seen many questions and comments and know you’re concerned about finding our products in store or online.

We understand how frustrating this is, and want you to know we take our responsibility to our consumers very seriously. We are producing and shipping Charmin at record highs and working on getting it to retailers as fast as humanly possible so everyone can #EnjoyTheGo!

Thanks so much for your loyalty and patience. From our family to yours, please stay safe and remember to spare a square for your neighbor!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@KKJ wrote:

I finally scored some TP as well, albeit the store brand, and only a few of those on shelves. My question is this:  when will we ever see Charmin back on shelves and why is there none?  Don't get me wrong as am glad to get any TP right now but just curious why no Charmin? Where's it going?

@KKJ 

This is from Charmin's website---

Charmin bears
TO OUR CHARMIN FANS:

We’ve seen many questions and comments and know you’re concerned about finding our products in store or online.

We understand how frustrating this is, and want you to know we take our responsibility to our consumers very seriously. We are producing and shipping Charmin at record highs and working on getting it to retailers as fast as humanly possible so everyone can #EnjoyTheGo!

Thanks so much for your loyalty and patience. From our family to yours, please stay safe and remember to spare a square for your neighbor!

Lol!  Spare a square?  Remember the good old days when we borrowed a cup of sugar and an egg?

Esteemed Contributor

@Laura14. You are so right.  These neighbors are a bit different, shall we say.  Everything is a conspiracy theory.  They claim they emptied out a bedroom and loaded it with cases of canned goods, water, and paper products.  I see their car pass everyday, so I guess they are shopping.

For me, staying safe is more important.  Still waiting to see what I'll get in my grocery order.  The only item I really want right now us chocolate!!!  It is a major food group, right???

Trusted Contributor

I found some the other day. I was at my local grocery store and I saw everyone with a package in their carts, so I ran to the aisle and, of course, it was all gone by then. But, as I was in another dept I found a package that someone must have hidden and was going to come back and get it. Needless to say, I grabbed it. I feel guilty because I don't need as much as was in the package (well, eventually I will), but they had  those packages like you get at Costco with 30 rolls!

So, all my friends know I have a big stash if they ever need any, and I was glad to have gotten it. Today, I saw everyone was taking packages of paper towels, which must have  just come in. What I didn't think was fair was that each of the family members or group of people who were clearly together took a package and will check out separately.

Honored Contributor

@grandma r My 360 piece chocolate bag shipped today.  🤣

Valued Contributor
I got lucky with a 20 pack of Scott TP and a 6 pack of Scott paper towels at Shop Rite this morning. First time in quite a while. No luck with wipes though, as usual.
Trusted Contributor

@Laura14 : Ooh, what kind of chocolate?
I don't feel stressed but must be because whenever I'm in a stressful situation I crave carbs. And, boy am I craving carbs these days. Sometimes it can be salty like chips. I have pretzels in the house but they aren't calling to me.

Chocolate and sweets is where my intense craving is now. Trying hard not to indulge very much so bring little into the house but oy, I came close to running out to get something today.

Honored Contributor

Anyone else waiting for the eventual trench coat wipes and TP dealer on their street corner?  Forget the famine.  Rolex and illicit drugs just got knocked down by paper products as the new money maker.