Respected Contributor

Never thought I'd enjoy being home, but I do.  I've tried cooking recipes that were meant to be made months ago and now there's plenty of time to try them.  Today, rye bread was baked and it was delish slathered with butter.  Then a copy cat chicken soup recipe from Olive Garden, finally a from scratch Harvest Apple Walnut Cake. Delish.  Next will be a Sour cream Chocolate Chip Cake.

The shower stall even got cleaned thoroughly.  Outdoor furniture got cleaned off, too.  

That's how I'm spending these days.  How about you?  What's been giving you joy?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: The Joys of Being Homebound

Well, i am working 24/7 it seems (from home), but i must also admit that i am liking being at home now. Work is harder without being able to coordinate in person from time to time, but i am calmer. i can see that prior to coronavirus, i think i ran around too much...too many errands. i may continue to simplify and stay at home more afterwards.

Respected Contributor

Cooking, cleaning, baking and eating. I too have tried new things as far as cooking. The house has never been cleaner. Caught up on the phone with some friends.

Trusted Contributor

@coffee drinker wrote:

Never thought I'd enjoy being home, but I do.  I've tried cooking recipes that were meant to be made months ago and now there's plenty of time to try them.  Today, rye bread was baked and it was delish slathered with butter.  Then a copy cat chicken soup recipe from Olive Garden, finally a from scratch Harvest Apple Walnut Cake. Delish.  Next will be a Sour cream Chocolate Chip Cake.

The shower stall even got cleaned thoroughly.  Outdoor furniture got cleaned off, too.  

That's how I'm spending these days.  How about you?  What's been giving you joy?

@coffee drinker  I'm on my way!!  You can just leave some of those delicious sounding goodies on your front porch!  😋

F/N/A luvstogarden
Esteemed Contributor

@coffee drinker : very similar to you.

I am an introvert at heart. I have much of what I need in my very clean and organized house with my dog and my scrubbed clean shower, LOL!

I had the foresight to stock up on food and books before we all went on "pause".

That said, I am ready for warmer weather and the ability to resume some (not all) of my old activities.

Respected Contributor

@Mimi 1883 Take a peek of your porch.  Virtually, left 2 slices of the Apple cake for you to sample -- 1 now and 1 later.  Enjoy.

Esteemed Contributor

Personally,I find no joy in being home bound.I'm jumping out of my skin.There is only so much cooking & cleaning I can do.

DH normally works from home, so he's doing it now.I would normally be out & about. Instead I'm indoors by myself.My son is now taking his classes online as well as working from home.Except for a quick breakfast & lunch I don't get to really see them until dinner.

I'm about ready to lose my mind.I've read enough books. Caught up with enough friends, completed enough puzzles etc. I need my life back!!

Trusted Contributor

@coffee drinker wrote:

@Mimi 1883 Take a peek of your porch.  Virtually, left 2 slices of the Apple cake for you to sample -- 1 now and 1 later.  Enjoy.

@coffee drinker  Thank you!!  Sending you virtual hugs 🤗 !!  

Everything sounds delicious, but the sour cream chocolate chip cake sounds really good! I did make the best chocolate chip cookies (so says my husband) the other day. A friend from out of state said the chips and the recipe on the back of the package were wonderful. Being as I couldn't sample, I took her word for it and did buy the Bailey's chocolate chips a while back and finally got around to making them; excellent. Enjoy your works of labor! 

F/N/A luvstogarden
Honored Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

Personally,I find no joy in being home bound.I'm jumping out of my skin.There is only so much cooking & cleaning I can do.

DH normally works from home, so he's doing it now.I would normally be out & about. Instead I'm indoors by myself.My son is now taking his classes online as well as working from home.Except for a quick breakfast & lunch I don't get to really see them until dinner.

I'm about ready to lose my mind.I've read enough books. Caught up with enough friends, completed enough puzzles etc. I need my life back!!

@NicksmomESQ   Hand raised here, too. We're only 2 people here, so how much cleaning can I do? DH still at office, kids too far away to visit (just a drive by) and my few friends are getting down in the dumps. Except texts back and forth a few times a week, they'd prefer to not be bothered by anyone. I worry about them. I'm feeling quite isolated. Except for the very few "Hi & half smiles" I encounter walking the dog, the streets are empty. It looks like those Armageddon movies. 

Esteemed Contributor

All of those recipes sound yummy @coffee drinker 😊

I like being at home.  Even without COVID-19, it's where I'd want to spend most of my time.  I love being with family.  I love my yard, my sun room, my comfy chair, my kitty. . .

I've thought about making some recipes, but I don't have the ingredients, and when I went to the store they were out of some of the ingredients for the recipes I was thinking about making.  I've thought about painting a couple of rooms, but again, I don't have the supplies. 

I've gotten caught up on laundry and cleaning, and I've gotten to check in here at the forums more often.  I've also watched more TV than I usually do.  The best days are when it's sunny and warm because I like to sit out on the deck, but it's turned cooler today with high about 60 and very windy.