Honored Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

I love horror movies and started watching an old one. There was Rick Dolmier in Evil Dead 2. It was almost 30 years old. Rick didn't look much different -- anyone would have recognized him. And he sounded exactly the same as he does today. It was really weird.

That is one of my favorite all time movies and movie series. I don't know who he is outside of that movie though but someone posted this same thing about a year or two ago and said he is a QVC host. I've never seen him on QVC before.. He only had a tiny bit part in that movie though.

Honored Contributor

@Bridgegal wrote:

@febe1 wrote:

I love horror movies and started watching an old one. There was Rick Dolmier in Evil Dead 2. It was almost 30 years old. Rick didn't look much different -- anyone would have recognized him. And he sounded exactly the same as he does today. It was really weird.

Was he working under a different name then?  I went to IMDb and plugged his name in and nothing came up.

Rick Domeier

Senior Program Host at QVC

Greater Philadelphia Area Broadcast Media Current Websites

Rick Domeier is in his 21st year as a Senior Program Host on QVC, the World's Leading Multimedia Retailer.

Broadcast Media
As a Television Personality, Domeier has logged over 10,000 hours on live, National Television. Described as 'A whirlwind of energy in the Studio" by Business 2.0 Magazine, he has appeared on every Major Broadcast Network. He has worked with countless Celebrities, from Jimmy Fallon to Joan Rivers, Heidi Klum, to 50 Cent. He is the Author of "Can I Get A Do Over?", focusing on personal reinvention. Domeier is a classically trained Actor, a graduate of the Theatre Program at SCR. Theatre credits range from Mamet to Shakespeare. His IMDB Guest starring credits range from Daytime to Primetime, not to mention Sam Raimi's Classic Horror Movie, Evil Dead II (available now on Blue Ray)!

Sales and Marketing
Domeier has set Sales records at QVC, presenting thousands of products, with Sales exceeding a Billion dollars. He has created On-air Marketing Strategies for Brands such as Apple, Bose, Kitchenaid, and Dyson. And yes, he can speak non-stop for three hours about the world's finest simulated Diamond, Diamonique.

Creative Producer
Off-air, Domeier has Created and Produced some of QVC's most innovative Programming, most recently, "Anything Goes with Rick and Shawn". He coined the term "Shop Opera" in creating the online Soap "Stormy Rivers" for Joan Rivers. Other projects include The QVC Cook-off, Home Projects with Rick and Dan, and The Emerging Designer Awards, for which he won QVC's President's Award (The Cornerstone), its' highest honor. He's still waiting to be voted Employee of the Month.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/rickdomeier

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Esteemed Contributor

Re: I saw Rick Dolmier...

[ Edited ]

@Bridgegal wrote:

@febe1 wrote:

Was he working under a different name then?  I went to IMDb and plugged his name in and nothing came up.

@Bridgegal, if you google Evil Dead 2 cast and crew, he comes up as Richard Domeier

Esteemed Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

There was a movie about Roseanne Barr (I think she was in it--played herself) and he had a little scene.

Yes, he is listed in the cast of Roseanne:  An Unauthorized Biography (1994)

Esteemed Contributor

@Bridgegal wrote:

@febe1 wrote:

No, @Bridgegal, he was using his name. I checked the names under cast and his name was there. His name was almost at the end.

Esteemed Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

There was a movie about Roseanne Barr (I think she was in it--played herself) and he had a little scene.

I heard he was an actor, @Lucky Charm, but I'd never seen him in anything. He had very little to say in this movie; his girlfriend did all the talking to others.