Honored Contributor

I need help gift shopping please

My son and his wife.They are young but just recently married and have all household items that they need from the combination of two homes and wedding gifts.My sons wife is 30 and a girly girl.She sells a makeup and skincare line so that is out.She is an accountant if that helps.She is also an animal lover.My son 32 is an office worker too.He loves to fish but has a lot of fishing things.Last year we bought them an instant pot and a small freezer....things they asked for but this year they don’t have a list.

Trusted Contributor

Re: I need help gift shopping please

If they really have a lot and both are fond of animals and wildlife, make a donation in their names to a reputable charity that support their interests.

Honored Contributor

What about comfort gifts? 

Maybe a heater or blankets or do any of the food items make their list where you could stock them up for a bit? 

I've done some meat and fish packages for my brother in laws from time to time and they've always been a big hit.  As have movie tickets and the candy boxes to go with it.  

Respected Contributor

@dex wrote:

My son and his wife.They are young but just recently married and have all household items that they need from the combination of two homes and wedding gifts.My sons wife is 30 and a girly girl.She sells a makeup and skincare line so that is out.She is an accountant if that helps.She is also an animal lover.My son 32 is an office worker too.He loves to fish but has a lot of fishing things.Last year we bought them an instant pot and a small freezer....things they asked for but this year they don’t have a list.

How about an experience gift?  Tickets to a play, gift certificates for the movies?  Or a gift certificate to a nice restaurant ( or one that you know they enjoy).  How about tickets to a local aquarium (if they have one)?  Sometimes aquariums have special backstage tours which are fun and interesting.

Honored Contributor

@Laura14i love the idea of mo ie tickets and candy.They live in another state and we will be flying there for Christmas..

Respected Contributor

@dex

Suggestions:  Large capacity AirFryer with the cookbook

Kitchen cart to store AF, Instant Pot, etc.

Tabbed very large binder to store house info,

Warranties, special recipes, etc. 

( include a supply of plastic sleeves )

Case of wine if they enjoy it:white /red /both

( include an opener, a foil cutter, an

ice bucket ( with stand option ), neck

ring to catch drips )

Set of wine glasses: red / white / both

First 3 make a nice package; last 3 also if they like wine or have folks over.

The binder will come in handy when something goes wrong with appliances or the house.  Having all the supplies on hand makes it easier to stay on top of things...especially if they both work.  If they can’t get to it, tell them to toss the tags, receipts, warranties into a box and you will organize it for them.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

@Chicagosuburbangirl@They are not wealthy but they are very careful shoppers and buy what they need when sales come along.I don’t think they would be excited at their age for a donation in their name although I know that they are kind and wouldn’t mind that.

Honored Contributor

@jlkz@I like the kitchen cart idea.They have a tiny kitchen but they cook all of their meals.They like to cook large batches to freeze and always wish for more counter space.My son says they need a house with a bigger than apartment sized kitchen but his wife says not for another 10 years.

Honored Contributor

@dex

Do they have a food saver or vacuum sealer?

Honored Contributor

Ask them what they want

they will say nothing 

then them a check