Esteemed Contributor

@Maine Rose      I have been a QVC customer since 1996.   IMHO,  QVC has gone down hill over the past few years.   Their prices used to be great; shipping was done quickly, and they offered unique items for sale.  Now much better prices for the same or similar items can be found elsewhere,  shipping takes forever, and the products for sale are boring.  I have not purchased much from QVC over the past several years.  I really miss all the 14k and 18k gold shows.   

Esteemed Contributor

I used to watch all the time.  Then things started to change.  New products and choices.. okay with that.. but new hosts who seemed only concerned about themselves... endless chatter about nothing.  There was always more product information.  Heck we cannot touch it or try it on.. we have to depend on THEM.  And them have better things to do than explain the item. 

And of course endless cosmetics to make wrinkles disappear while the hosts and vendors get Botox... as if it is not obbious 

And I just love the line about if you don't make your purchase in the next second it will disappear and never ever come back. Big deal.  

And I was an AS IS and Clearance gal.    Not anymore.  Prices have risen all around.  I get my clothing at Costco, Walmart and Zulily (owned by QVC).  Bet you cannot even tell. LOL

Occasional Contributor
I miss the old QVC too!!! So much! I especially miss all the jewelry shows with all the various designers. Now we see a lot of food. I’m glad some of the old hosts still remain but I sure do miss the ones who have left. It was the best 10-15 years agoSmiley Sad
Trusted Contributor

Re: I miss the old QVC!

[ Edited ]

I do miss the Epiphany platinum-clad line and Tacori. Never knew what happened to either of those lines, they just disappeared. I still see Tacori advertised in fine jewelry stores. I haven't watched QVC on tv in years. Just don't have the patience to listen to hosts or vendors talk about a few items in an hour, or sometimes just one thing. I can easily scan through online and see what is on air and what has been presented if I am interested. They pretty much ran me off from watching live by nonstop vacs, sleep systems, and computers.
I would like to see more makeup brands, but now they have Estee Lauder and I always think of that as what my mother wore, not for me. 

Esteemed Contributor

Me too.  Hosts of long ago actually talked about the products being sold.  Now endless chatter about little or nothing.  Choices of products not too thrilling or worth watching.

And if I have to watch one more wrinkle removing product being introduced by hosts and vendors who have had cosmetic surgery...... Deny it QVC, please.  

Super Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I don't miss most of the old designers as we don't dress like what they designed anymore.  Much of the sequins and embroidery looks dated and matronly.  Times and styles change; they were beautiful in their time but we've moved on. 

I agree - those fashions were old for me at the time and now out of date.  But I whole heartedly agree that IT Cosmetics and Josie Maran are on way too much  - and I use many of both of their products.  Ditto Philosphy.  Sometimes less is more...and I wish that would be the case here.  I feel like every time I flip between Q channels there is one of them on.  At least with all the Xmas stuff that lightened it a little.  I did like Bobbi Brown.

Super Contributor

@bonnielu wrote:

Me too.  Hosts of long ago actually talked about the products being sold.  Now endless chatter about little or nothing.  Choices of products not too thrilling or worth watching.

And if I have to watch one more wrinkle removing product being introduced by hosts and vendors who have had cosmetic surgery...... Deny it QVC, please.  

I squint my eyes at the "before" and "after" photos in most of these demos and cannot see an improvement most of the time.  Actually in many cases I think the "before" looked smoother LOL

Honored Contributor

I miss the way the company used to be run, particularly the way they used to sell products.  I preferred the Q when it was calm...