Respected Contributor

Re: I'm having the day from hell.

@Mz iMac wrote:

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:

THEN...My credit card company sent me a replacement for the card that's due to expire at the end of this month. I activated it this morning. Again, as I walked in the door, my husband had to tell me that someone was making charges on my card in Indiana, and so, after less than 8 hours, my credit card company had to cancel my card (and the replacement will be here in just a couple of days).

@GoneButNotForgotten 

When you entered your pin # in the cc machine, do you shield it and/or block the view so no one can see you entering your pin?

I activated it here at home, over the phone.

Some really odd (attempted) charges showed up a few days ago (which didn't go through). We're guessing that someone (in Indiana) got hold of my physical card, kept trying to charge things to it, and once I activated it yesterday morning, they started running up purchases.

I give a lot of credit (so to speak) to our credit card issuer; they were on the ball and took care of this almost before I was aware of what was going on.

Trusted Contributor

That's interesting about your new credit card.  I had a very similar situation happen, right after I activated my new card.  I had to get the card replaced too.  I would guess this is a new kind of scam, hackers intercepting the call to activate new cards.  Watch out for fraudulent charges on new cards, everybody!

Honored Contributor

I think what it is, is people are desperate, out of work, some are still sitting home cooped up together, some are not eligible for stimulus checks, etc. Being thrown out of apartments, homes, etc.  They are

trying anything and everything to live.

Desperate times call for desperate measures is what I think is going on in the world. Long time ago I had a kid in California charge an Xbox game on mine. I have no kids and in early 60's at that time and wasn't even sure what a Xbox game was. Called the credit card company and they cancelled the charge I said "will they trace it back to the kid"? she said more then likely trace it back to who sold it to him and it will be up to them to try and get it back or not".

I bet I've had to wait for a new credit card due to illegal c*ap like this 3 times.

Valued Contributor

RedTop you gave me my out loud morning laugh today.  I had to check posters name twice I was sure I had written that.  I sometimes feel that husband and I are together way too much.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@GoneButNotForgotten. Be advised that these mail order pharmacies tend to become hysterical just because a doctor hasn't yet returned their message to renew a prescription.  They're scared to death they're going to lose a sale.  I went through that last week.  A simple email to my doctor and the problem was fixed.

@Kachina624 

I think some of those pharmacies must allow a whole 10 minutes for a doctor to call or fax them an approval, and if the call back isnt returned that INSTANT they start panicking and sending automated calls and threatening emails...SHEESH!!!  I had to call the doctor myself to resolve the issue, which is contrary to the doctor's office instructions which are pre-recorded and tell you to "call your pharmacy first"...SMH! (and my doctor's office doesn't respond to emails very quickly)

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten 

So sorry to hear about your day from hell....been there, done that..... Hope brighter days are ahead! 🌞

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten  I hope your day got just a little better and your med script got cleared up.  As for your hubby you can always hold your hand up and tell him to "talk to the hand" and walk away until you feel better.  Here's to better days !!!!!

Respected Contributor

@hayseed00 wrote:

@GoneButNotForgotten  I hope your day got just a little better and your med script got cleared up.  As for your hubby you can always hold your hand up and tell him to "talk to the hand" and walk away until you feel better.  Here's to better days !!!!!

That's a great idea!

Honored Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:

My husband has dementia as the result of strokes and frontal lobe dementia.  As a result, he is always very angry.  I have learned best thing to do is ignore him.  He is very demanding and most of the things he demands immediately, he forgets before too long.  So I try to ignore him and do things on my time, not his, because his time is always 5 minutes before he asked.

Honored Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

I told him I would rather coat myself in chocolate and sit nekkid on an ant hill than make that call, but I did it.  

@RedTop 283917.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif