Honored Contributor

Re: I'm almost too embarrassed to ask...

Have you read Robert Parker's books? He has quite a few to keep you going, and they're easy reads.

Super Contributor

When you've been up to your eyebrows in the responsibilities of work and home, it can be difficult to just sit down and read for pleasure. There's that guilty feeling that one should be doing something "productive". Maybe you don't need suggestions for books, but to give yourself permission to once again just enjoy reading what & whenever you like.

Lots of great suggestions here. Enjoy!

Super Contributor

If you are into e reading, join Book Bub. They will send you a daily list of books in your interest area, some free, some nominal prices.

Honored Contributor

Mysteries by

Wendy Corsi Staub

Carlene Thompson

Carla Cassidy

All good mystery writers!

Super Contributor

The Art of Racing in the Rain and Water for Elephants are both really good. Water For Elephants - best ending ever. I also like Jeffrey Archer books and he has a new series out The Clifton Chronicles.

I agree if you use an e-reader BookBub is a great.

Trusted Contributor

You have to stop everything and read The Shack, by Wm. Paul Young first if you are just getting back into reading.

Regular Contributor

John Grisham has a good sequel to A Time To Kill called Sycamore Row. I enjoyed reconnecting with the characters from the first novel after all these years.

Honored Contributor

I am reading the new Mary Higgins Clark book ""The Cinderella Murder"". Her books are light and pretty easy to concentrate on. She is partnering w/ some one whose last name is Burke.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Valued Contributor

I wish we had interesting book clubs,The ones I found read to me very long boring books.Myself I love mysteries here are a few authors PeterRobinson,all (DCI Alan Banks),Tanya French, Debora Crombie, M. Connoly ( all Bosch),just a few. I take a title or author and do their bios and check out what they are. I also go down to my local bookstore and just go through books,also Barnes and Noble. Just enjoy whatever you read!
Respected Contributor

Besides all the recommendations here I like to look at different websites that review books and have lists.

2 that I like are

https://www.kirkusreviews.com/

http://bookriot.com/