Frequent Contributor

Family Feud is NOT family friendly!

I have to say, I really like Steve Harvey, but this show has really gotten out of hand! I am far from a prude and enjoy a bawdy or risque joke, but not when I'm in my living room with my 9 yr old grandson! He loves games and game shows, especially Family Feud. They seem to steer every question toward s3x as often as possible. My grandson asked me what a G string was, who 'Mr Happy' was, and the contestants were chanting 'orgazm, orgazm'! I had to turn the channel. Change the name, or put it on after prime time. Kids are losing their innocence way too young these days.
Honored Contributor

Re: Family Feud is NOT family friendly!

Well, you CAN complain to the show's producers if you want to ..... take that anger and do something productive with it! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Honored Contributor

op post is lol

Esteemed Contributor

I remember when The Newly Wed Game was on, and Bob Eubanks would pose risque questions, such something like, "What is the pet name for your husband's dinghy?".

When you grandson asked what s g-string was, you could've just said, "A type of women's underwear."

There is nothing to be embarrassed about.

Super Contributor

It never has been family-friendly. And the name of the show doesn't mean that it is supposed to be family-friendly. It means there are two families feuding, trying to win the game.

Trusted Contributor

I quit watching this show. The first season or so with Steve Harvey was okay, but then someone decided it would be a good idea to use some very suggestive & almost vulgar euphemisms/slang for some words.

I don't have little ones around and am not easily offended, but I just really really DISLIKE this move to make the show sleazy.

I did contact the show, explaining my issue, but never heard anything. I assume they don't care.

Honored Contributor

I don't like it either. Actually, I do not find that kind of humor funny. Just isn't. Kind of like the bawdy jokes Paula Deen would try to do.

You know what I hate ?? The Trojan commercials during family entertainment on Hallmark and Inspiration channel. Not funny.

Super Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}Well, I should say not family friendly, indeed! Watching stuff like that (sax talk and even people kissing) with other people in the room embarrasses me, and I'm 40. lol.

Honored Contributor

I like Steve Harvey too, I thing he's embarrassed by the questions/answers!

I know what you mean about having kids around. They might not even ask you what something is....they'll just incorporate it into their language unknowingly. Sad.....

I turn on their channels when they're over, I never know what to expect from mine.{#emotions_dlg.closedeyes}

Honored Contributor

I agree that a show like this has no business being on in the middle of the afternoon. Some of the commercials I hear during the day are appalling too. They could be very embarrassing, depending on who you're with. I'd complain to the advertisers.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment