Honored Contributor

I got this E-mail from the FBI (1st paragraph):

Federal Bureau of Investigation
                                  Field Intelligence Groups J. Edgar Hoover Building
                         935 Pennsylvania Avenue Northwest, Washington, DC 20535

Attention: Beneficiary,

I am the Deputy Director, Federal Bureau of Investigation David Bowdich. We intercepted and seized a sealed envelope at the John F Kennedy International Airport, New York, NY 11430 coming from a foreign country. We scanned the content of the sealed envelope and found it contained a total sum of 4.1 million dollars value certified payment bond. Also, the sealed envelope had documents with your name on them as the receiver of the package. We question the diplomat that accompanied the sealed envelope into the United States, and we learned that he was to deliver this sealed envelope to your residence as payment of an inheritance / winning prize payment due and owed to you. 

Hahahahahaha!  If the FBI found a package that contained 4.1 million dollars in it with my name attached, I doubt they would be looking to get the money to me. 

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

I am the Deputy Director, Federal Bureau of Investigation David Bowdich. We intercepted and seized a sealed envelope at the John F Kennedy International Airport, New York, NY 11430 coming from a foreign country. We scanned the content of the sealed envelope and found it contained a total sum of 4.1 million dollars value certified payment bond. Also, the sealed envelope had documents with your name on them as the receiver of the package. We question the diplomat that accompanied the sealed envelope into the United States, and we learned that he was to deliver this sealed envelope to your residence as payment of an inheritance / winning prize payment due and owed to you. 

Hahahahahaha!  If the FBI found a package that contained 4.1 million dollars in it with my name attached, I doubt they would be looking to get the money to me. 

It's hard to believe that people fall for this, 🤦‍♀️

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

@Icegoddess   😂😂😂😂😂 I can use a loan!!😂😂😂😂😂

Esteemed Contributor

LOL HA HA!!!!!! ...... don’t spend it all in one place😂🤣😂🤣 ...... what a great Christmas present 🎁🎅🏻🎄🤶🎄

Trusted Contributor

@Icegoddess   "We question the diplomat" and "we intercepted a sealed envelope.... ". Bad grammar aside (it's "questioned"), the FBI has better things to do than hang around the airport looking for a sealed envelope and then let you know about your fortune. 
Congratulations on winning 4.1 million dollars. 😉😆

LMAO

Respected Contributor

Where I live, the scam now targets senior citizens and scares them with tales of Social Security snafus.  It tells them they will see the local Sheriff in front of their house if they don't call back and take care of this financial matter.  Again, sadly, every-once-in-a-while on the local news there is a story about how someone fell for this scam and lost thousands of dollars.  Shameful.  No one seems interested in stopping these cheaters.  

Honored Contributor

Can I borrow $50k? whistling.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

You'd have to be a special kind of dumb to fall for this ruse.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

I looked him up. He has a Wikipedia page with his photo. He looks like a really nice guy. I'm sure he wouldn't lie to you. Keep us posted on the happy event.

I thought I'd mention that the 0.1 million impairs the clean beauty of the number 4, and I would be honored to help you eliminate that pesky $100K from your bounty. Just because.

I don't think I've ever said how beautiful your cat avatar is.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess   Would you believe I'm your long lost relative 🥰