Honored Contributor

Sounds like a trap. You don't have any unpaid parking tickets do you? Woman Wink

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess When can we see you on Dr. Phil? Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess 

Congrats🎉🎉👏🏻👏🏻💰💰💰

By any chance are you looking to share some?

-- I'll be happy to give you my info since I haven't gotten the $2.4 million my great uncle from my mothers side left me last year in Nigeria!!

Guess it's still sitting there waiting for me to send via GreenDot $5,000 deposit on "legal" fees to process😉

Enjoy the dream and Merry Christmas🎄🎄🎅🏻🎅🏻

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

LOL@quote.gifLOL@quote.gifLOL@quote.gif

You'd have to be a special kind of dumb to fall for this ruse.

What is sad is that there are hundreds of "highly educated & intellegent" folks who fall for this kind of scam.  Not just the elderly.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Love all the replies.

I also have a hard time believing anybody falls for this sort of thing anymore especially as much as scams have been in the news.  The one that really got me was where there is a warrant for your arrest, but they won't come and get you if you send them Visa gift cards.  Huh?  

Locally, the current scam is the electric company claiming you owe them money and they are going to cut your power.  I don't know if it's more so now because it's winter or because of the Covid situation where they couldn't cut your power due to unpaid bills for awhile.

Honored Contributor

How lucky for you @Icegoddess . All I get are calls from the IRS, who I quote "we are sent law enforcement to take you".

Honored Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

Sounds like a trap. You don't have any unpaid parking tickets do you? Woman Wink

@Porcelain I think they usually save that tactic for drug dealers and murderers.

Honored Contributor

you will be getting 600, finally.

When is not clear, but, better then zilch I guess.

Honored Contributor

@noodleann wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

I got this E-mail from the FBI (1st paragraph):

Federal Bureau of Investigation
                                  Field Intelligence Groups J. Edgar Hoover Building
                         935 Pennsylvania Avenue Northwest, Washington, DC 20535

Attention: Beneficiary,

I am the Deputy Director, Federal Bureau of Investigation David Bowdich. We intercepted and seized a sealed envelope at the John F Kennedy International Airport, New York, NY 11430 coming from a foreign country. We scanned the content of the sealed envelope and found it contained a total sum of 4.1 million dollars value certified payment bond. Also, the sealed envelope had documents with your name on them as the receiver of the package. We question the diplomat that accompanied the sealed envelope into the United States, and we learned that he was to deliver this sealed envelope to your residence as payment of an inheritance / winning prize payment due and owed to you. 

Hahahahahaha!  If the FBI found a package that contained 4.1 million dollars in it with my name attached, I doubt they would be looking to get the money to me. 

I looked him up. He has a Wikipedia page with his photo. He looks like a really nice guy. I'm sure he wouldn't lie to you. Keep us posted on the happy event.

I thought I'd mention that the 0.1 million impairs the clean beauty of the number 4, and I would be honored to help you eliminate that pesky $100K from your bounty. Just because.

I don't think I've ever said how beautiful your cat avatar is.

@noodleann That is Queso mid-yawn.  I thought it looked like he was being vicious though which is why I use it.  

Honored Contributor

@AuntG I have gotten the calls from the IRS on my cell phone saying they have been trying to locate me.  I've been at the same address for over 20 years.  Besides, I'm married to someone who took on the IRS and won.