Valued Contributor

Re: I'm On The XXXX List With My Family.

Look up Debbie Downer SNL on YouTube for a belly laugh. Sounds like you’ve got a Debbie
Esteemed Contributor

@Drythe  Yep, I had both a hip and knee replaced. Actually, my knee (2nd surgery) didn't hurt that much.  I even told the Dr. the nurse was great at getting them out.

The hip hurt and then the woman missed one.  I was laying on the couch one night two weeks later and felt something where my incision was. Had DH get a flashlight, a staple. Now that one really hurt when they took it out.

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

Never bothered me being on anyone's SXXT list, including at times, members of my family. I was and am me and if that bothered them? Oh well. I never avoided a family function because of this if I really wanted to go.

Never let anyone dictate or decide when or where I went to certain functions. Couldn't and still can't see wasting any time in my life concerned about what others did or said, about me or how I led/lead my life.

Lived and still living a happy life irregardless of how anyone felt about me. And functions I wanted to be present, I went and never changed who I was or am.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

I think some people just live for drama. Post after post of it. 

Esteemed Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

My sister called earlier to see if I wanted to go with them to my cousin's for a small BBQ for the 4th. I was honest and said I did not want to go to cousin's place, thanks but no thanks.

2 years ago on the 4th at my sister's cousin was there.  Hadn't seen her in a good 5 yrs.

DH had died at the end of May, 40ish days earlier.  1st thing out of her mouth was a remark about me being out so soon. 2nd she made a snarky remark about my 40 yr. old niece wearing a sundress with spaghetti straps (it was 95 degrees and like a sauna, she looked fine), the 2 and 3 yr. olds were in a small wading pool on the shaded deck.  The were just giggling and jumping in and out. The adults sat close and were glad to get splashed with cold water. Cousin was 12 ft. away, shorts and flip flops, afraid of getting wet. She also complained about the deck getting wet. Ah, what do you think happens when it rains.

Everyone kept quiet and didn't say boo to her. Then lunch. She started on the perils of hotdogs, deviled eggs, etc. I took a 1/2 cup of potato salad and she reminded me it had mayo in it. Yogurt was better. That did it for me. I held out my hand and told her I wanted to see her badge since she was the food police.

She just looked at me. Now this woman told my sister she orders Lindt Truffles by the 100 count and they are gone in less than 2 weeks. She lives alone and doesn't share them with anyone by her own admission. Yeah, that 1/2 of pot salad is bad.

Nope, staying home.

@CrazyKittyLvr2  I remember you mentioned this story some time ago about your cousin.

You´ll be missing all the fun.

Esteemed Contributor

@Daisy Sunflower  It is not just no filter on her mouth. She is lazy, lives alone and her house is a mess.  She has the money to hire someone to clean she won't. If she drops anything it lays there until she is ready to pick it up.  Might be an hour, a day or longer.

My niece was there and used the bathroom. The TP was at the end of the roll, she tossed it and put a new roll on. Cousin went in bathroom after niece left, she took the empty roll out of the waste basket and admonished my niece because there was still a scrap of TP on the roll and she didn't use it.

Oh, worst of all she is a racist. 

Super Contributor

I wondered the same thing. I remember someone saying stuff like that about their sister but not sure who was talking! 

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

@Daisy Sunflower  It is not just no filter on her mouth. She is lazy, lives alone and her house is a mess.  She has the money to hire someone to clean she won't. If she drops anything it lays there until she is ready to pick it up.  Might be an hour, a day or longer.

My niece was there and used the bathroom. The TP was at the end of the roll, she tossed it and put a new roll on. Cousin went in bathroom after niece left, she took the empty roll out of the waste basket and admonished my niece because there was still a scrap of TP on the roll and she didn't use it.

Oh, worst of all she is a racist. 

Boom there it is. 

Why didn't you say that first?  I wondered how and why you went on and on and on and on from the potato salad to the kiddie pool to the toilet paper roll to her laziness.

Get it off your chest.  You'll feel better--quickly next time.

Valued Contributor

Her being a racist would be enough for me to decline.
Honored Contributor

Life is too short to spend time with anyone you don't enjoy and feel comfortable with!