Honored Contributor

@lynnie61 I can't believe how much you and everyone care about me, that makes me feel good. I wish I could just snap out of it, I feel I should be so much further down the road then I am, but I can't help feeling the way I do. 

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 

i never saw this thread until now but I wanted to...

103eefa0115f5ff06a36a143e92acf4d.gif

talk to your primary physician - mental health isn't hidden anymore and nothing to be ashamed of... and if someone give u a hard time about it.... 

tell them yahooey sez phooey on dem...

good luck ❤️

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 I'm hoping each day is a bit better than yesterday.  Things take time, no rush.  Best wishes to you.

Honored Contributor

Hey, Jordan!   Thinking of You.  Heart

Hope you have some smiles today.  I know how difficult it is sometimes so I find I have to seek them out.   Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@Jordan2 I am so sorry that you are suffering through your brokenness.  I lost my mother in 2016 and she was my best friend.  My father passed from parkinsons/pneumonia in 2018.  My mothers westie, Toby Snow, i acquired just passed July 4 of this year.  He was like my shadow as I don't work anymore and also that he was the last link to my mom.  Try to find a church or a new hobby, take up walking in the sunlight or biking to boost your spirits.  If we were close, I would give you a hug and take you for lunch.

Honored Contributor

I'd say that if your sis's adult children are too busy to think about their aunt, then it's time for you to build a 'new' family (of friends, and/or class-mates in various interesting classes, lightweight sports/exercise, etc., etc.).Heart

The more that you seem interested in and interact with 'other people', the more that you won't need the company of your  busy nieces/nephews, etc.  

Wishing you the best of luck and the best of meeting other people.  

Don't forget, you have lots of 'friends' to chat with here who are genuinely wishing you happier days.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@Boomernichols wrote:

@Jordan2 I am so sorry that you are suffering through your brokenness.  I lost my mother in 2016 and she was my best friend.  My father passed from parkinsons/pneumonia in 2018.  My mothers westie, Toby Snow, i acquired just passed July 4 of this year.  He was like my shadow as I don't work anymore and also that he was the last link to my mom.  Try to find a church or a new hobby, take up walking in the sunlight or biking to boost your spirits.  If we were close, I would give you a hug and take you for lunch.

@Boomernichols I am sorry for the loss of your mother, father, and Toby Snow. My mother and I were as close as a mother and daughter could be, I also took care of her, her passing left a huge void in my life. I am sending you good thoughts and hold onto your memories with your beloved Toby. You are a kind person to have taken your mom's dog in, I know someone whose father passed away, she got rid of his dog. 

Respected Contributor

@Jordan2 Take care of yourself and hope you can find little pleasures for yourself.  I do not have any brothers, sisters, aunts, or uncles and am currently down to 8 first cousins.  I  had an  old friend tell me I was too involved with my mom's care.  What does that mean exactly?  She had no one else and I promised I would not put her in a nursing home.  We both honored our parents to the end!  Be proud of yourself and do something for you now, my friend!!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

@Boomernichols wrote:

@Jordan2 Take care of yourself and hope you can find little pleasures for yourself.  I do not have any brothers, sisters, aunts, or uncles and am currently down to 8 first cousins.  I  had an  old friend tell me I was too involved with my mom's care.  What does that mean exactly?  She had no one else and I promised I would not put her in a nursing home.  We both honored our parents to the end!  Be proud of yourself and do something for you now, my friend!!!!!!!!

@Boomernichols I could not have put my mother in a nursing home, she was with it and I just couldn't do that to her.  It may not have been what was best for me but I don't regret my choice. Taking care of her, I was cut off from people. To now have to make a new life for myself it is difficult. 

Honored Contributor

My mom passed Thanksgiving 2017. I am still grieving though it's not like it was the first couple of years. Those first two years were rough. Mom is in a crematorium at a large and beautiful cemetery nearby, which is also where my dog and I walk almost every day. I always stop and talk to her. Sometimes I cry. I will always miss her like crazy.   

Everyone grieves in different ways. Let yourself grieve and deal with whatever comes with it.

Get counseling if you are concerned. I did and the therapist used EMDR therapy which made a huge difference for me.