Esteemed Contributor

@rms1954    Now that you have taken the time to explain the recipe in detail, I sure hope it will go over big after some posters give it a try.   As for eating something hot, I'm with you, it never enters my mouth, never, ever!!!!!

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

@rms1954    Now that you have taken the time to explain the recipe in detail, I sure hope it will go over big after some posters give it a try.   As for eating something hot, I'm with you, it never enters my mouth, never, ever!!!!!

I am glad if those that enjoy that kind of thing enjoy it.  I am very sensitive odors and my stomach and skin are very sensitive.  

Let me tell you something he (husband) did that was cruel.  We were together shopping and he was picking out his ingredients.  He said "you want to pick out some peppers for me?"  Now knowing how I like to be helpful I said "sure thing."  He pointed out the peppers he wanted and told me how many he needed.  They were the hottest ones and I guess you're not supposed to touch them with bare hands because they have oils in them and if you touch them and then touch your face/eyes/nose area it can cause a bad reaction.  So guess what happened?  Yup.  He claims he thought I knew that.  He knows I know nothing about those peppers.  He thought it was funny. He has a sick sense of humor,.

Esteemed Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

I am glad if those that enjoy that kind of thing enjoy it.  I am very sensitive odors and my stomach and skin are very sensitive.  

Let me tell you something he (husband) did that was cruel.  We were together shopping and he was picking out his ingredients.  He said "you want to pick out some peppers for me?"  Now knowing how I like to be helpful I said "sure thing."  He pointed out the peppers he wanted and told me how many he needed.  They were the hottest ones and I guess you're not supposed to touch them with bare hands because they have oils in them and if you touch them and then touch your face/eyes/nose area it can cause a bad reaction.  So guess what happened?  Yup.  He claims he thought I knew that.  He knows I know nothing about those peppers.  He thought it was funny. He has a sick sense of humor,.

@rms1954 ...Did you actually get a reaction from touching those peppers?  I'd be very careful about doing anything he suggests with that sick sense of humor of his.  Smiley Surprised

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma Yes.  My fingers get cracked and dry as soon as it gets cold.  I couldn't wait to get home to wash my hands.  I was in tears.

Esteemed Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma Yes.  My fingers get cracked and dry as soon as it gets cold.  I couldn't wait to get home to wash my hands.  I was in tears.

@rms1954 ...That must have been awfully painful, you certainly have issues concerning sensitivity to certain foods and cold weather.  Please be careful and take good care of yourself. Heart

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

@rms1954   What a cruel thing your husband did.  I am so sorry he did that to you.  I hope he apologized and did something nice for you to make up for it.

Take care.

Honored Contributor

@Big Joanie   I'd also like to know what DH fixed for dinner. What went with his sauce/salsa?

@rms1954 

Honored Contributor

Re: I'm Exhausted

[ Edited ]

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

@Big Joanie   I'd also like to know what DH fixed for dinner. What went with his sauce/salsa?

@rms1954 

If you read my original post and my responose to another comment which stated: "I wasn't complaining.  And my husband was not cooking for me.  He makes it for himself and to take to his friends house.  I DO NOT eat anything that is hot.  Just smelling it makes me nauseous.  I would be in so much pain.  PS: he's never cooked anything for me in the 30 years we've been married."   I NEVER said he was cooking dinner.  All he was doing was making his sauce and jarring it.  He takes it with him to share with his friends when they get together or with his family.

Respected Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

That's a first. Complaining about having to open all your packages while your husband cooks for you. I wish I had it so rough. 

I think you're taking this WAY too seriously. It seems to me she just wanted to be able to share her fun with us.

Respected Contributor

I suggest u don't cut up the boxes immediately. Hold on to them for 30 days in case u have to return an item or items. I keep all the paperwork and note which paperwork goes with which box. s. 

That's a good suggestion; I learned about that the hard way.