Honored Contributor

Squirrel:  Small rodent up to no good.  The village idiots of Mammalia.

They are EVERYWHERE this year.  They are running on our roof and I am nervous about what they are doing up there.  They have tried to break in before and did damage to the house.  

Do you have a bumper crop of them in your area?

Honored Contributor

oh yes we do......squirrels AND chipmunks! they have been eating a lot of the bird seed also.

we have had lots of birds and deer also.....and an occasional fox or two.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

They are EVERYWHERE this year.  They are running on our roof and I am nervous about what they are doing up there.  They have tried to break in before and did damage to the house.  

Send them to Carolyn's house ! 😂

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@Sooner Wow!  You're not kidding!!!...the squirrels are everywhere this year!....we've had a squirrel population explosion. 

I'm in SE PA.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Define: Squirrel

[ Edited ]

It's a rat with a fuzzy tail.

I've seen a few? A neighbor told me that with all the different breeds of hawks as well as the gators, squirrels don't live too long in the community. That would make sense. 

I haven't seen a chipmunk, a rabbit, deer, heard ANY songbirds since moving here (considering how lush and thick the woods/vegetation is). Different species of Hawks abound as do many other type of birds (very interesting as we've never seen them before). Looks like we exchanged one type of fauna for another.

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Esteemed Contributor

Yes we have a lot of them, the squirrels don't bother me though. Just call me Carolyn jr., ha. 

We also have a bumper crop of moles, or voles. These horrid little things have dug up the yard something awful. Just piles of dirt all over. They also make tunnels and it kills the grass. Our yard has never looked so bad, I put mole killer out, but it didn't seem to do much good.

Honored Contributor

My mother had to hire a squirrel whisperer. Kid you not. It worked. They no longer try to eat her house and break in.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

We have squirrels here.  Both red and gray.  They never come on our house or porch or deck.  We have two huge black walnut trees and many oaks.  They are kept busy burying the nuts and acorns.  

We also have families of red fox.  I think they keep the rabbit and squirrel population in check.

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

My youngest brother will tell everyone w/in ear shot that I live in Jurassic Park. Smiley LOL

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

Send them to Carolyn's house ! 😂

@QVCkitty1 I would buy them a bus ticket from Oklahoma if I could!  You would be SOOOOO happy. And so would I!  Woman Very Happy