Respected Contributor

Who is this Carolyn, and does she also do mice?

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

Squirrel:  Small rodent up to no good.  The village idiots of Mammalia.

They are EVERYWHERE this year.  They are running on our roof and I am nervous about what they are doing up there.  They have tried to break in before and did damage to the house.  

Do you have a bumper crop of them in your area?

Send them to Carolyn's house ! 😂

@QVCkitty1 

Squirrel Massage.gif

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

@noodleann wrote:

Who is this Carolyn, and does she also do mice?

The host Carolyn Gracie and the vendor for Denim and Co., Gary Goben have talked about liking squirrels. I've been watching too much QVC.

Honored Contributor

Re: Define: Squirrel

[ Edited ]

@Sooner    Important to keep trees  cut back   away from the roof line... many people  let trees encroach on the roof over time... need to keep them cut back.  Both mice rats and squirrels will find ways inside your roof area to get out of the cold... use the trees for access...

Respected Contributor

Re: Define: Squirrel

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45 wrote:

oh yes we do......squirrels AND chipmunks! they have been eating a lot of the bird seed also.

we have had lots of birds and deer also.....and an occasional fox or two.

***Same...on ALL here too.

I'm in a condo complex on a lot of land, by a river and marsh pond...we've always had lots of wildlife but this year..

Family of 6 deer (they or others like them, have been here off and on for years..they come out of the nearby woods early mornings.)

Wild turkeys

5 coyotes the other night!!

egrets (sp?)

Geese...always around depending on the season...they are ANNOYING in spring during mating season.

Tons of squirrels around and chipmunks...all vying for the birdseed. And those Squirrels are the MOST tenatious and annoying...we've tried it ALL, and several types of bird feeders...eventually he outsmarts all of them.

Not like we're not leaving food for them in other places on the ground, but they want it ALL!

We have had a mountain lion or two last year...hope they don't come back!!
Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

Squirrel:  Small rodent up to no good.  The village idiots of Mammalia.

They are EVERYWHERE this year.  They are running on our roof and I am nervous about what they are doing up there.  They have tried to break in before and did damage to the house.  

Do you have a bumper crop of them in your area?

Send them to Carolyn's house ! 😂

GREAT PLAN!!

Honored Contributor

I have lots of them living in the trees on my property. They build two kinds of nests, permanent ones and 'vacation homes'. The permanent nests are built in the pines and that's where the babies are born. The vacation homes are not permanent and those are built in the deciduous trees (maples here mostly) then the nests are usually abandoned when the leaves fall. Those vacation homes are not very sturdy and they usually fall apart rather quickly and the squirrels are always rebuilding them throughout the summer.  Each permanent home is occupied by a single family and can be run off by other squirrels then taken over by the newcomer.  I just saw a newcomer a few weeks ago. It's all black with tufted ears..Abert's squirrel is the name of the species. It's so cute! 

Honored Contributor

@Sooner 

You must not have feral cats or hawks in your area!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Valued Contributor

We always have so many squirrels. They run up our wooden fence and jump onto the roof. We have no tall trees over the roof. A few weeks ago, I was in the backyard and I thought I saw another dead squirrel with its head under the fence. Eventually, it wiggled itself through the soil by making a hole while laying on its side. I about lost my breakfast thinking I'd have to remove another dead squirrel (I cry and gag.) I've been upset by finding several dead squirrels on my property over this year that I have to dispose of because I don't have anyone else to do it. 

Another creature that we have had tons of is rats. Neighbors behind us have had their wooden fence and garage destroyed by rats. They come out of my neighbors attic and chew the fence between us. Neighbor told me she didn't care!

Honored Contributor

I had to cut away the tree branches which were near or touching my house. The squirrels were using those tree branches as bridges to get on top of my roof. They still leap from the trees to get there but not all of them do, especially the smaller younger ones. 

@Sooner