Honored Contributor

Re: I'm Downgrading My Cell Phone

@twinsister wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

I keep an older phone in my purse just for emergency only, have not used it in several years. No need for a phone attached to my hip or anywhere else. My DH adds me on to his plan from Consumer Cellular for next to nothing. 

@Shelbelle - Are you and your husband satisfied with Consumer Cellular?  I have been thinking about switching my service from Verizon to CC (I have a Samsung Galaxy 5).   I text only a few times a month and rarely use it for data.  Basically just use it for calling, but that is only when I am out.  We still have a LAN line and I have my laptop.  I think I am paying too much every month considering how little I use it.

@twinsister  I had Consumer Cellular years ago. One month I used more than my "allotment" and they automatically switched me to a more expensive plan.  To get my original plan back I had to call them.  End of Consumer Cellular!

Super Contributor

All I have is a flip phone.  I am not a person who spends alot of time on the phone.  It is nice to text though.  I do not have a texting keyboard on my flip phone, only numbers, so it takes me a while to send a text!

Trusted Contributor

@Anonymous032819   I am not a cell phone user either. I have a flip phone that  I only keep for emergencies or immediate necessary calls.  Everyone who knows me knows I don't use my cell phone.  My hubs wants me to get an Iphone and I said "Why, I don't even use 1/2 the features on my flip phone." I just don't get people that "live on their phones".  

Honored Contributor

My brother is the only person I know who still uses a flip phone.  He is aware of all the apps the rest of the family have on our smart phones, and is more than happy to make use of what we have, when we're all together.

Respected Contributor

@twinsister   If you phone is not super old,  and you have Spectrum service for internet, their mobile service is a great deal.  1 gig is less then $15 a month.

I have the unlimited for $45 a month and I've had zero issues. 

I know someone who had Verizon and was able to buy a brand new phone (over 24 months) and get the unlimited service, and the total price with Spectrum for the brand new phone & service was lower then just the service alone with Verizon (and had been a customer for many, many years). 

......You look like I need a drink.....