Esteemed Contributor

I'm Done Trying To Find "Stuff."

I have 1 full canister of Lysol Wipes and a partial canister which goes with us in the car. I also have 1 partially used Lysol spray. When they are gone, I'm scr**ed.

Of course, you have a better chance of winning the lottery than finding any kind of disinfectant wipe or spray.

I found a thing about making your own wipes.  Guess what, you need alcohol or disinfectant spray to put over your paper towels.  There are none, nada, zip.

I give up, I'm done. I am not going to drive myself nuts looking for this damned stuff or anything else relative to this mess.

Trusted Contributor

Re: I'm Done Trying To Find "Stuff."

I've been keeping a sort of mental list of things-I'm-gonna-buy-when-this-is-over.  I've even been saying to myself "second wave?  Will the window be enough so that stocks be replenished enough so I can get an N95."

This morning, I was watching a report on South Korea voting.  I decided I wanted a mask like they are all wearing.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CrazyKittyLvr2  Make your own. Make a bleach solution, put it in a spray bottle and spray surfaces or cloths/paper tpwel and use as needed. 

I think the recommended dilution is 1 part bleach to 4 parts water. You may want to double check that. 

eta...CDC recommends 5T (1/3 c) bleach in a gallon of water or 4 tsp in a quart of water. 

Keepin' it real.
Trusted Contributor

I'm with you.  I'm not spending time looking.  Lucky for me I purchase in bulk so I had a supply of Bleach, cleaning wipes, Lysol and paper products when everything started shutting down so I didn't go on a crazy hoarding shopping spree.  After 1 month I'm finally starting to see paper towel on the shelves in Michigan but no cleaning products.  Hoping that we have enough for a few more weeks.

I feel that all of these cleaning supplies are being donated to hospitals and other first responders in the area so the rest of us can't find them.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2We still don't have paper towels, slim choice of toilet paper and no chance in H E double toothpicks of purchasing flour !!!

Esteemed Contributor

... and good luck finding any bleach to buy!

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Valued Contributor

I found sanitizer made with 70% alcohol at the liquor store.  Some distillaries have started making sanitizers.

Esteemed Contributor

You can clean with soap & water.That is what Dr Sanjay Gupta said. It will disinfect all of your surfaces.

I mixed my own cleaner & made my own wipes with 2 parts water to 1 part 70% alcohol & a little liquid soap.

I switch off between the soap & water & the wipes. I see no difference between the two.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CrazyKittyLvr2  Hey...good news.  I did more looking.  If you can find 120 proof alcohol, it's 60% alcohol.  Here are more options:

• #6 Bacardi 151 — 151 Proof.
  • #5 Balkan Vodka — 176 Proof.
  • #4 Hapsburg Gold Label Premium Reserve Absinthe — 179 Proof.
  • #3 Bruichladdich X4 Quadrupled Whisky — 184 Proof.
  • #2 Everclear — 190 Proof.
  • #1 Spirytus — 192 Proof

Maybe you already have some at home.

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

You've got to get out early to get stuff. Most stores are restocking overnight and by noon the shelves are empty. I won't be heading out again until late April or early May, but shopping early gives you the only real chance of getting stuff, at least locally. Stores are pre-Christmas busy and everyone wants the same things. If you're not out early, the stuff you want will be gone. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!