Honored Contributor

Re: I'll say it again: It's not fun here anymore:

I'm surprised this is still here.

Respected Contributor

@NUNYA wrote:

I don't see it as insulting anyone here. I am not offended that some find it better, Why would they be insulted that some don't....It's only opinion. 

nunya, FWIW (not much to most I'm sure!) but just had to say the rare occasion when I come by here, your posts always make so much sense and you manage to do it in a sentence or two.  Just had to let you know your clarity of thinking is a credit to this board.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

@Adelina wrote:

@SydneyH wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@brii wrote:

I don't see people complaining and hoping they change the forum back to what it was.  I see people commenting on its current state of non-participation. 

Exactly.  If you look at the first page in the Community Forum you can see how slow moving this board is.  Some threads get a decent amount of activity to them but most days, you get halfway down the first page and nothing has been added to a thread since the day before and many times the first page has threads that are 2 and 3 days old.  Nothing is happening.

And what is with all the lectures all the time by the same posters everytime someone complains?   

I dunno, the scolding is silly imo.

Like it does not happen on "other" so-called" Bulletin Boards... Ha!

It's far worse than just  'a scold'..

Obviously something is drawing you to "other" boards.  This is the second comment you've made about them.   

Life, and the internet, are full of - gasp! - forums that have absolutely nothing to do with shopping, or shopping channels. People do have other interests, and belong to forums for them, that have zero to do with shopping or purchasing in any way. And these forums have been there for literally decades.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@scotttie wrote:

@NUNYA wrote:

I don't see it as insulting anyone here. I am not offended that some find it better, Why would they be insulted that some don't....It's only opinion. 

nunya, FWIW (not much to most I'm sure!) but just had to say the rare occasion when I come by here, your posts always make so much sense and you manage to do it in a sentence or two.  Just had to let you know your clarity of thinking is a credit to this board.

Thank you Scottie, very nice of you to say that, 

I do think everyone has something to offer, but at times we get so busy with the nitpicking we miss it. If I go looking for 100 things to be offended by, I'll find them, 

Good to see you Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@betteb.....I read here somewhere that you weren't well. Hope you are feeling better and everything is OK in your life. Smiley Happy
"People with closed hearts will always feel as though they are at war with the world." ~My friend Nancy
Honored Contributor

I don't have screen jumping.  I use a regular workstation computer with Windows 7, Intel Core i7 processor, 8 mgs of RAM and IE 11 browser.  Perhaps that makes a difference.

What I do have is when clicking on certain threads, I wind up somewhere in the middle of the thread, not at the end or the beginning, and I have tried every setting.  That happens mostly on the longer threads.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

@LilacTree

I have the same problem!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

I'm here once in a while but for the most part it's gotten boring.

I enjoyed it the most way back in 2007 or so when there was an active crafting board and a group of us became very friendly.  It was fun back then and we would get excited about new products.  When the Q revamped the site a few years ago they took that part of the boards away and it was never the same.

I also occasionally enjoyed some of the other product boards a few years ago (Ripka) but even before this was redone things were slowing down and getting a bit quiet.  I know that there is a new board off of this site but never bothered to look into it.

I've found a few other places online to check with some interesting commentary.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LilacTree and @KingstonsMom,

I think I know why you're having problems.

When you look at a listing of threads:

1 — If you click on the thread title you’ll always see the original post.  Then, the replies will follow either oldest to newest or newest to oldest, (sequence depends on your settings if you’re logged in).

2 — If you click on the date/time stamp in the “Latest Post” column, you’ll always go to the most recent post.

3 — If you’re signed in and click on the number in the “New” column, you’ll always go to the last reply you've already read and then you can see all those you haven’t read.

4 — The page numbers in brackets, under thread titles — such as [1 2 3] — will take you to the top of that particular page in the thread. 

However, note that the page numbers in brackets stop at 10.  If you click the number “10” and the thread has more than 10 pages, you’re going to end up somewhere in the middle of the thread.

hth!

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

If I click on the thread title 3 things can happen.

1.  If I have not never viewed this thread I see the original post.

2.  If I have viewed the thread before, it returns to where I left off reading.

3.  If I click on page 1 of the thread, I get the most recent post as my preferences are set   to newest first.