Honored Contributor

Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you — not because they are nice, but because you are. ~Author Unknown

Respected Contributor

I like it, too.

Honored Contributor

@pupwhipped My Dear Father always told me to treat people like I want to be treated.

It is a good rule to follow.

Honored Contributor

There is another quote I like, and I'm paraphrasing:

"Be kind to others, because you never know what challenges they're facing"

Honored Contributor

@Sister Golden Hair wrote:

@pupwhipped My Dear Father always told me to treat people like I want to be treated.

Awesome.  My dad has always been one of the nicest people on the planet!  And I'm not just saying that because he's my dad.

He's been given many honors and awards for his service to his community.  

Respected Contributor

@september wrote:

Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you — not because they are nice, but because you are. ~Author Unknown

Worth remembering and . . . practicing  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@september wrote:

@Sister Golden Hair wrote:

Awesome.  My dad has always been one of the nicest people on the planet!  And I'm not just saying that because he's my dad.

He's been given many honors and awards for his service to his community.  

@september I always said that my Father was an angel on this earth.

Sounds like we were both blessedHeart

My Father has been gone since 1987 but I miss him every day and my Sweet Mother.

Honored Contributor

Image result for entertaining angels unaware

Honored Contributor

Re: I like this quote:

[ Edited ]

@alliswell wrote:

@september wrote:

Worth remembering and . . . practicing  Smiley Happy

I try every day, succeed sometimes, and I fail more often than I like to admit.   A worthwhile goal, for certain.   I used to be really bad about being a "right fighter," and that's something I've struggled with.  I have to be really honest with myself about my motives for my posts...  that makes me stop and think, and it helps.  At least sometimes.   I think the concept that sometimes it's better to be kind than to be right is a good one to embrace as much as humanly possible.

Thanks for the reminder, @september.Heart

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

I know just what you mean, doobdoo!  Why is it so important for us to prove ourselves "right" on the Internet?

and I don't see you as being one of the people who do that.