Honored Contributor

@minkbunny wrote:

@Porcelain   Not that I would know personally, but it is said one can throw a handful of grated cheese into a skillet, crisp it on one side - flip it over and crisp it on the other - drain the half cup of oil off Smiley Very Happy, blot by pressing it between two napkins or paper towels and EAT A CRISPY SLICE OF CHEESE !   Or, immediately put it over a custard cup and it will turn into a crispy cheese cup - which I ( err, I mean, one could) would just eat it as is - although some say to fill it with something.

You are going to ruin me! lol Not copying this to my recipe scrapbook, no siree. Woman Wink Thanks!

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

Re: I like Pizza well done

[ Edited ]

@Porcelain wrote:

@minkbunny wrote:

@Porcelain   Not that I would know personally, but it is said one can throw a handful of grated cheese into a skillet, crisp it on one side - flip it over and crisp it on the other - drain the half cup of oil off Smiley Very Happy, blot by pressing it between two napkins or paper towels and EAT A CRISPY SLICE OF CHEESE !   Or, immediately put it over a custard cup and it will turn into a crispy cheese cup - which I ( err, I mean, one could) would just eat it as is - although some say to fill it with something.

You are going to ruin me! lol Not copying this to my recipe scrapbook, no siree. Woman Wink Thanks!

Try it with little mounds of shredded Parmesan, too, @Porcelain, only I do those in the oven on a parchment lined cookie sheet.

PS:  Thanks for the pillow name!

Honored Contributor

@Lali1 wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

Eggs.  They must be very well done for me.

I need scrambled eggs to have a bit of golden brown on them.  

I want fried eggs with that crispy brown edge.

My boiled eggs must have yolks I can nearly bounce on the countertop!

I'm the same about my boiled eggs. If you like crispy scrambled eggs try them in the waffle iron. They are perfect and no need to watch and stir forever. 

@Lali1  I'm going to try this tomorrow!  Thank you Smiley Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@ProudMa wrote:

I always ask for my pizza well done, love the crispy edges...and those burnt pieces of cheese YUMMM

Also my burgers are always ordered burnt...like hockey pucks..love the charcoal taste

Anybody else have odd likes for food, against the norm??

I like pizza, burgers and steak well done - not quite burnt. 

Trusted Contributor

@ProudMa wrote:

I always ask for my pizza well done, love the crispy edges...and those burnt pieces of cheese YUMMM

Also my burgers are always ordered burnt...like hockey pucks..love the charcoal taste

OMG! Are we related? 😄

Honored Contributor

@ProudMa wrote:

I love crispy hot dogs on the grill, the crispier the betterSmiley Happy

Super Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

Years ago I used to like "burnt" hot dogs from the grill.

Also "burnt" toast.

Burnt hot dogs are the best!!!

Man plans. God laughs.
Honored Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

I always ask for bacon well down - one step below incinerated!

We used to go to breakfast with another couple-when she ordered she'd tell the waiter, "Burn the bacon."