Honored Contributor

We like our pizza well done but not burnt.

I like my omelets to be set, not runny and pale.  My husband likes his omelets hard and almost burnt.  I will no longer make them for him, if he wants one he has to make his own and doesn't understand why I won't let him make me one.   

Respected Contributor

Last week I bought a new toaster oven -- Oster Convection Oven with Pizza Drawer -- because so  many reviews said the pizza drawer makes perfectly crisp pizza. Either homemade or for warming up delivered. And so far it seems to be true!

Respected Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Lali1 wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

Eggs.  They must be very well done for me.

I need scrambled eggs to have a bit of golden brown on them.  

I want fried eggs with that crispy brown edge.

My boiled eggs must have yolks I can nearly bounce on the countertop!

I'm the same about my boiled eggs. If you like crispy scrambled eggs try them in the waffle iron. They are perfect and no need to watch and stir forever. 

@Lali1   Interesting. I've never heard of that method.  Unfortunately I dont' have a waffle iron. LOL

Just pour and watch?  I can do that.

*note to self-put waffle iron on shopping list*

I don't even watch really. I occasionally look over to see if the light is green. After we walk in the morning I'm super busy making coffee, the dogs breakfast and our breakfast. I add milk a little cheese and have added mushrooms too. You could add pretty much anything. 

Trusted Contributor

When I was little and used to go camping I loved roasting marshmallows over an open fire and letting them catch on fire until they were crispy black.  Delicious memories. 

Honored Contributor

I always ask for bacon well down - one step below incinerated!

Honored Contributor

Re: I like Pizza well done

[ Edited ]

I like my pizza crust to be done enough that I can eat it with my hands.  Unfortunately I don't eat pizza anymore.  I miss it.

I like my sausage and hotdogs a little charred.  

Respected Contributor

Me, too.

Years ago, somebody here mentioned enjoying burnt carrots.  Tried and liked them that way, too!

Esteemed Contributor

I like my burgers very well done and sausage and hotdogs burnt. Yum taste so good 

Honored Contributor

I like crispy bacon and crispy thin edges of scrambled eggs and omelets.

And I think the best is when you make a cheeseburger or grilled cheese and some of the cheese spills over the side onto the pan and gets all brown and crisped. Oh my goodness.

I prefer my pizza cheese to be softer and able to make strings. But if I accidentally overcook a pizza and the cheese gets that crisp crust, it's like a whole different food and I love that too. This is one reason I don't eat that much pizza. I like it too much.

Oh and I always want the slice with the big air bubble in it. Man I"m hungry now.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

@Porcelain   Not that I would know personally, but it is said one can throw a handful of grated cheese into a skillet, crisp it on one side - flip it over and crisp it on the other - drain the half cup of oil off Smiley Very Happy, blot by pressing it between two napkins or paper towels and EAT A CRISPY SLICE OF CHEESE !   Or, immediately put it over a custard cup and it will turn into a crispy cheese cup - which I ( err, I mean, one could) would just eat it as is - although some say to fill it with something.