Esteemed Contributor

I learned a lesson today @ Plastic surgery.

I went to see a plastic surgeon for a cyst on my face (I get it removed end of the month). I felt so weird there. Probably my imagination but I thought boy, all these workers look like they had nose jobs, such perfect noses..lol. I found myself feeling my nose and thinking geesh I may need some lines done..lol..

Soooo when done talking about the cyst, I asked about botox for thin lines. (the marionette lines?). Theyre not bad but ah they bother me a bit. So the Dr said thats not botox, thats filler (with no side effects) and could last up to 8 mos. I said ah Ill think about it (while my DH is saying you dont need that done). Very nice of DH (who is younger than me).

So we are leaving, and I see this woman in the waiting room and did a double take, and immediately thanked God for my little lines.lol. She must have had so much work done on her face she looked frozen, as in a doll, non human, no smile, no expression! When we left, I said to DH I will KEEP my expression. It tells my lifes story. DH said good, what came over you? I said I dont know but it wont happen again (lol).

Lesson learned!

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
QVC Customer Care

Re: I learned a lesson today @ Plastic surgery.

Respected Contributor

Having some wrinkles is fine with me.  I've earned each of them.  I smile and laugh too much and I thank God everyday for them.  I'm healthy and can enjoy my retirement with my DH, kids and grandkids.  I'll use my money for travel and doing things with friends and family, not donate them to a plastic surgeon. Enjoy life everyday

Frequent Contributor

I think there's no such thing as smiling and laughing too much!  Sure beats being a Grumpy Gus!

Esteemed Contributor

This thread is from 2010!!