Trusted Contributor

I heard on the news that BB&B is going to discontinue their 20% off coupons, in favor of a new rewards program. AAAUUGH!

Respected Contributor

It looks like they're thinking about charging a $29 fee to be in the program, and members will still get the 20% off purchases.  It wouldn't be worth it for me.

Honored Contributor

I got that email last week I think.  The memberships are limited though so maybe those of us who don't want to pay the $29 will get something every now and then.  

Trusted Contributor

I only go there when I have a coupon. $29 to join a club-no way. I'd rather join Amazon Prime.

Honored Contributor

I do not shop there enough to justify the new fee...so will not shop there then. I have Prime with Amazon where I do shop a lot.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Honored Contributor

Re: Bed Bath shoppers

[ Edited ]

I didn't know they were definitely discontinuing coupons.  I thought they were thinking about it.

I also thought the fee would be kind of like Amazon Prime's fee and you would get free s/h on all purchases too.

I don't shop there enough to justify the cost.

I won't pay Amazon Prime's fee either because I don't order enough from them to justify the cost.  All that is IMO is prepaying all the s/h and you may or may not benefit but they definitely do.     

Honored Contributor

I rarely go to BB&B.  But when I do I always have a coupon so this will be a change.

I'm not a membership paying person.  It's usually not worth it with the small amount I buy and I can wait two weeks for Amazon to deliver to me.  Nothing else you get with Prime seems to make it worthwhile for me yet.  

I'm not a loyalist.  I like competition and lower prices without a membership fee on top of it.  

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

I rarely go to BB&B.  But when I do I always have a coupon so this will be a change.

Me too, because I well know that the coupon discount is built into the price so that if you don't have the coupon you are definitely paying too much for whatever it is.

I have noticed fewer and fewer of the coupons out lately and I haven't gotten one in my Sunday paper like I used to for quite a while now.

Honored Contributor

Re: Bed Bath shoppers

[ Edited ]

I shop enough at Amazon to justify the Prime cost. I also have FLASH from sephora which is 10.00 a year which gets you free shipping. Order 1-1.5 x a year and that membership is paid for.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Honored Contributor

Some years I don't save $29 even using those 20% off coupons -  or the $5 which can be worth even more than 20%.

Will not pay upfront -  just don't spend enough to make it worthwhile.  Besides, I think there's some subconscious shopping gene that persuades us to buy more when we're in a rewards program --   everywhere from those 20% cards to Prime to free shipping offers, etc. 

For the last several years, I've curtailed all kinds of buying even when I've had rewards and coupons.  I'm thrilled with what I've saved and appalled when I think about how casually I spent money in the past.  I know better than that, but there's a distance between knowing and doing.