Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac

Thank you for the heads up in the spoiler:  and I thought I was a clever shopper.  Goes to prove you can learn something new everyday !!!!

Thanks again.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Regular Contributor

BBB should look at what happened to J.C. Penney when they tried to get rid of sales and coupons.  Didn't work out too well for Penney's.  I don't buy anything at BBB unless I have a coupon.  There's no way I would pay for a membership.  I am so tired of all the loyalty programs and fobs on my keychain.  Just give me the savings at the front end -- no membership required -- and let's call it a day!

Honored Contributor

@jlkz You're Welcome.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Bluffbaker wrote:

BBB should look at what happened to J.C. Penney when they tried to get rid of sales and coupons.  Didn't work out too well for Penney's.  I don't buy anything at BBB unless I have a coupon.  There's no way I would pay for a membership.  I am so tired of all the loyalty programs and fobs on my keychain.  Just give me the savings at the front end -- no membership required -- and let's call it a day!

Acme supermarkets has gotten rid of their loyalty program.  Savings are matching Shoprites.

Frequent Contributor
sounds to me that a high salaried millennial executive on the marketing team has this "wonderful idea", or should I say "had". We'll see if this works. If I was on top of the BBB ladder, I would have tacked a provision on the emoyment status of this employee....if this "membership" thing doesn't work..."you're fired!" Smiley Wink
Honored Contributor

I receive BB&B coupons in the mail at least once or twice a month.  Recently received a catalog from them ( larger than their normal 5-6 page flyer), which also had a 20% coupie on the back.  My BB&B still takes expired coupies.  I like the store, but if they charge a member fee and no longer takes the expired coupons, I'll probably shop elsewhere.  I don't shop there enough to pay a membership fee.

Respected Contributor

@Bluffbaker

Instead of carrying all those loyalty tags around, a few years ago someone put me onto an app for my simple cellphone:  Keyring.

You take pictures of the front ( and back if you want ) and simply show it at checkout.   It also shows you pictures of specials in stores very close by.

HTH

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

@Lacey1 wrote:

I heard on the news that BB&B is going to discontinue their 20% off coupons, in favor of a new rewards program. AAAUUGH!

@Lacey1

When will the 20% discount end?   Anyone know?

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

BBB is NOT discontinuing their 20% coupons.  Currently, you have to use ONE coupon for each item you purchase.

If you join their special club for $29/yr, you will receive a special 20% coupon that you can use for your entire order.  So in other words, you purchase 3 items you will need only one 20% coupon instead of 3 to get the discount for all 3 items.

Memberships are limited.

BBB stores ARE NOT doing away w/the current 20% coupons.

As a frequient BBB shopper, I will not be joining their club.  I have so many of their coupons including the $5 ones, I can stand on the corner, sell them all & w/the $$$ build my dream house in Tahiti. Smiley Tongue

Ya didn't hear it from me......

Spoiler
Walk in to your local BBB.  Go to the CS desk & ask for a 20% entire purchase coupon.  I've been doing this for years.  Mostly around xmas holidays.

MziMac,

Thanks for the heads up. Hope everyone else that reads this thread reads what you said. 

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44

It's not ending.